Need help with brightness/contrast levels
I have an issue with my TV with brightness/contrast levels for HDR contents.
The scenes seems darker in general, and I would always have to tweak the brightness/contrast levels a bit.
I was wondering if there is a way to change the brightness/contrast levels on the video player, based on contents.

I need  a script that would allow brightness/contrast levels to changed automatically when I am watching HDR contents.
In the Skin, under the main menu, I have LiveTV, myMovies, my4K-Movies, my3D-Movies configured.
My library is setup such as HDR contents are using a playlist, based on the folder name.

So for my4K-Movies, I would like to be able to have the brightness/contrast level automatically changed to xx/xx values.
When I exit out of my4K-Movies, to go to LiveTV or myMovies or my3D-Movies, I would like the brightness/contrast level to go back to the normal values.

Is that possible?
If someone can step me through what is needed to make this mod, I would be most grateful and appreciative (like sending beer money (LoL))
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2020-08-22, 00:28)brochild Wrote: Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using Aeon Nox: SiLVO

I don't think that matters. Brightness and contrast options are available in most(?) but not all supported video chipsets.
The settings can also be saved "for all videos". At this moment, there is no functionality to 'automagically' change those per video type.
(2020-08-22, 11:41)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-08-22, 00:28)brochild Wrote: Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using Aeon Nox: SiLVO

I don't think that matters. Brightness and contrast options are available in most(?) but not all supported video chipsets.
The settings can also be saved "for all videos". At this moment, there is no functionality to 'automagically' change those per video type.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am using a Samsung that tend to dim pictures during dark scenes.
I was able to get fix from another forum to disable the dimming effect on dark scenes, but still brightness seems too low.
I have to manually tweak it every time I switch from SDR to HDR Sad
(2020-08-22, 21:31)brochild Wrote: I am using a Samsung that tend to dim pictures during dark scenes.

Perhaps the TV itself has settings for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with brightness/contrast levels0