New Tablet, new problem
I just got a Samsung Tab S5E (Android 10) and it won't connect to my server.  WIFI is on, works fine, but I noticed that in System Summary|Network it tells me "Link: Not Connected" even though it does recognize my server exists at 192.168.0.1.  MAC address, IP address, SubNet, Gateway are all blank but Internet:  Connected is displayed.

I just checked my old Samsung Tab S2 (Android 7) and that shows "Link: 192.168.0.23"  which is correct and the other fields have the correct info.

Full disclosure, I am using Kodi 17.6 which is what I am running on all (server and 4 remote) devices.

Thanks for any input...other than just telling me to run the latest.
Kodi will need to rely on the OS's network connection. So when the Tab has a weird connection problem, Kodi is likely to be affected as well. Also, what is your 'server'? (Not sure if Kodi 17.6 is SMBv2 aware)
(2020-08-22, 20:14)Klojum Wrote: Kodi will need to rely on the OS's network connection. So when the Tab has a weird connection problem, Kodi is likely to be affected as well. Also, what is your 'server'? (Not sure if Kodi 17.6 is SMBv2 aware)

My previous Samsung Tab S2 running Android 7 ran fine and I have no problem getting a network connection and can see the device in my router.  The only thing I can think of being different is Android 10 may not like something in Kodi 17.6 or vice-versa.

I can use other apps (X-Plore & ES File Exporer) to see my smb's on the tablet.  I believe X-Plore will even let me map an smb as a local drive but I haven't investigated that yet.

Thanks for the reply.  Any other thoughts, please let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Tablet, new problem0