• 5(current)
MediaStream - ::The wait is over::
Quote:Not sure that moving the blade to the right is going to be practical as the sub-menus all slide out to the right?

Yeah...I overlooked that when I made the post. Could the sub-menu blades be reversed? Somehow, looking at it, I thought it would be better fully right-justified. Regardless...it's a cool look Nod
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
johnny utah Wrote:LOVE THIS SKIN!!

what's that little blue circle icon that shows up on top of the covers?

does it have any function? (ie. watched/not watched?)

is there a way to remove it?

Blue circle (with the closed eye) is unwatched and grey circle (with the open eye) is watched. The next release will have an option to hide it
yeah the clock is pretty small
Sorry to be a pain and ask so many things. Is the infodialogfullscreen (osd) thingee meant to pop up everytime you chapter jump. I guess perhaps it's serving the same function as the small top right-hand display in PM3. That'll have to be a tweak Big Grin
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
It will show everytime you search through a video (either chapter jump or fast forward/rewind etc) to show you the progress bar that shows how far through the video you are
Just stepping in to congratulate you on your work, very slick skin ! I especially like that everything is easy to read with the bigger font (on my projector the resolution isn't that great, so the bigger font is a necessity to read anything without getting headaches), the big movie posters that are big enough so you can see what movie it is from the poster alone and that everything just works.
My only criticism is the animation times - I don't really want to turn them off completely, I would just want to make them faster - since they do look cool, but get old after a week or two I suppose Smile
hotzenplotz: Try this trick. Open MediaStream/skin.xml. See if it has an <effectslowdown> tag. If not, add it like this:

Code:
<effectslowdown>0.5</effectslowdown>

A value of less than 1 will speed every animation up. 0.5 == double the speed.

Find a good value and post it so that the team knows where to start.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jm: thanks for the tip. I worked through 0.5 to 0.9 to find a value that suits me. A value of 0.8 feels like a good compromise to me, because the animations still look slick but it is noticably faster. I might adjust this to 0.7 though - because at that value the speed the navigation seems perfect although you could argue the animations might be a tiny bit too fast. The main animation that always "annoyed" me a bit was the animation that goes into the settings menu - I won't see that one too often in the future, but maybe an overall slight tweak of the animations and a bigger tweak to that animation would be the way to go.
Just thought I'd drop a quick post to say I really love the skin, although I agree with the sentiment that the animations are just a touch on the slow side, the level of polish and professionalism is excellent throughout.

if i can just tag a teeny feature request? Actor thumbnails in the cast page on tv/movie information please, I've spent an age updating various shows on thetvdb.com with actor thumbs and was disappointed not to see them in this skin!

otherwise keep up the great work guys!
This theme is a great technical achievement no doubt. The artwork is top notch. I was impressed at what the theming engine could do through this skin. From a usability standpoint It doesn't seem like the type of skin that would stand the test of time if it ever wanted to become the default xbmc skin. There are some things that bug me alittle:

- The blade system at the home screen covers half the background. This might be a conscious decision but some ppl might not like it.
- The blade system sometimes is disorientating the way it opens to the right then sometimes open to the left.
- At the movies panel the top half of the screen is wasted. Therefore list and list info view show's too few movies. On a widescreen TV it's alot of wasted space.
- Also there is no icon view? This is a great dissapointment.
- Animations look great but after awhile they become a drag and take too long.

These are just some observations, I hope you don't take it the worng way. :o
Freddo Wrote:Just thought I'd drop a quick post to say I really love the skin, although I agree with the sentiment that the animations are just a touch on the slow side, the level of polish and professionalism is excellent throughout.

We're looking into both disabling and speeding up of animations (thanks JM for the effectslowdown tip!)

Freddo Wrote:if i can just tag a teeny feature request? Actor thumbnails in the cast page on tv/movie information please, I've spent an age updating various shows on thetvdb.com with actor thumbs and was disappointed not to see them in this skin!

Has now been added to our list
scarfa Wrote:- At the movies panel the top half of the screen is wasted. Therefore list and list info view show's too few movies. On a widescreen TV it's alot of wasted space.

This is one of the beauties of trying to create something for a large number of people who all different opinions on how things should look/work. Some people would like to see more of the backgrounds and some people would like to see less of them. In the end we hope to create a suite of views that caters for as many of these preferences as possible, at the moment there may not be the exact view you'd like for each of the media screens but given time hopefully that'll be addressed.
WOW! This skin was definitely worth the wait! I'm impressed! I guess I don't have to mention MediaStream will be my skin of choice from now on!

Of course there are also things that I think could be done differently, there always are, but I'll save those comments for another day. Also I wouldn't be surprised if most of these things will be addressed in one way or the other as the skin evolves.

Thank you for all your hard work! I really appreciate it! Big Grin
skunkm0nkee Wrote:If you changed your mind it would be pretty difficult to get back to settings to change it back?

I think having the Settings selection hidden would be optimal... this way guests don't go snooping.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Most screen menus are in relation to the media on screen which forms the left part of your view and then the menu on the right so in essence you are moving from left to right (if you have menus on the left then you are moving focus from right to left and then reading left to right within it)

Not sure I get what you mean. It is more natural to 'select' from a left menu and view the selection on the right of the menu. That is all I was saying.

No worries... these items are minor but I figure would help the navigational use of the skin since from one screen to the next is is not always consistent at the moment.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
@skunkm0nkee

I disagree with Scarfa's assessment. When using fanart, I do not think that the top part of the screen is wasted space at all. The fanart helps pull all the elements together. I am very impressed with the views and surprised how satisified I am right out of the box.

Great job!

My only suggestion is to try to improve the speed at which the interface handles switching fanart. There is a drag in the animation. Thanks!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream - ::The wait is over::4