• 152(current)
Release YouTube
(2024-04-09, 14:15)koichirose Wrote: Hello, since version 7.0.5 (or possibly a bit earlier) I can't see the channel name in the video info anymore. I'm using Aeon Nox.
It was fine with 7.0.2. I checked all the possible settings, activating "Show Video Details" or similar options wherever I could find them. Does anyone knows how to fix it?

Working fine here with 7.05 and checked on both Kodi v20 and v21, both are showing the channel name when pressing info button.

In settings under advanced I have show channel name and video details in description on and show video details in video lists off.

This is what I mean, it used to appear in the red box.
If I press info I can see the channel name, too.
Can somone please explain why do I get an Overflow Error when doing a Youtube search for "Autool Breakout Box" ? Other
searches work fine.

I'm running 7.05+beta.1+matrix.1.
Hello, I use the youtube app mainly for movie trailers and I noticed that on v7.0.5, there is a slowdown before the actual trailer plays. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

I rolled back to 7.0.3.2 and the slowdown was not present.

Thanks
(2024-04-05, 15:07)drjackel Wrote: I need to reautheticate every couple of days.
I am also seeing this. I have deleted the userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/ directory (and restored api_keys.json) in case something got corrupted running one of the beta builds and for a few days I thought this had been solved, but it happened again today. The prompt to "enable two applications" appeared immediately after successfully watching a video.

Since drjackel's post was the only other mention I'd seen of this issue, I thought it was worth confirming that it's not just that one user.

I'm currently running YouTube 7.0.5 on Kodi 20.3.0, LibreELEC 11.0.6 Generic.x86_64.
(2024-04-11, 14:17)vella9 Wrote: Hello, I use the youtube app mainly for movie trailers and I noticed that on v7.0.5, there is a slowdown before the actual trailer plays. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Thanks
@vella9
Interesting observation. I also had the impression that the newer version 7.0.5 was slower to load YT content.
I can confirm that rolling back to 7.0.3.2 resolves the problem.
(2024-04-11, 14:17)vella9 Wrote: Hello, I use the youtube app mainly for movie trailers and I noticed that on v7.0.5, there is a slowdown before the actual trailer plays. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Thanks

I confirm too.
I have the same behaviour.

Addon Youtube 7.0.3.2 fix that and fix seek back in live stream video too for me.
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/680
I did some quick tests this morning using version v7.0.6+beta.1 and this seems to solve the slowdown issue.
Hello,

is there a Parameter for the StartTime? Just like you have with a YouTube Video using t=150s.
I couldn't find one searching https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:YouTube.

Maybe it will work when just adding t=time in seconds to plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=$VIDEOID ?

Thanks for an answer.
Sorry, fount it, using &start=XX where XX is the time in seconds.
Am I the only one?
Yesterday I watched a vid to the end and got a Youtube error notification.  Since then I only see settings and watch later on the main screen.  I updated to 7.0.6 unofficial beta and now I see the new menu item bookmarks along with settings and watch later.
After this I have tried to update CoreELEC to 21 Omega, but it does not download.
I have looked at the log but didn't see anything that seemed to say anything.

Currently on coreELEC 20.5 Nexus
I am currently using Leia and have not had any issues with YouTube, but just a few hours ago I started receiving this error message.
Quote:ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |rateLimitExceeded| with message: |Resource has been exhausted (e.g. check quota).

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Shedrock
Been using this addon for years, suddenly tonight I started getting a "rateLimitExceeded" error on all my devices when attempting to load "My Subscriptions". It was working earlier this evening.

I read earlier today that Google was launching a new tactic to slow 3rd-party apps using the YouTube API. From the article I didn't think it would affect this addon, but maybe that's what is going on here?

UPDATE: It's working again after about 5 minutes.
(2024-04-17, 04:03)shedrock Wrote: I am currently using Leia and have not had any issues with YouTube, but just a few hours ago I started receiving this error message.
Quote:ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |rateLimitExceeded| with message: |Resource has been exhausted (e.g. check quota).

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Shedrock

Posted the same issue at the same time as you. Just started tonight. Was working fine a few hours ago. I read earlier today that Google was launching a new tactic to slow down 3rd-party apps using the API so maybe that is what is going on.
(2024-04-17, 04:05)arsMOBILIS Wrote: Posted the same issue at the same time as you. Just started tonight. Was working fine a few hours ago.
Yeah, I just realized we posted around the same time. Well, I hope someone has a solution. Rolleyes

Regards,

Shedrock
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0