• 153(current)
Release YouTube
I solved my problem by doing a new sign in with the google/device authorizing my app.
(2024-04-15, 08:29)vella9 Wrote: I did some quick tests this morning using version v7.0.6+beta.1 and this seems to solve the slowdown issue.
Indeed I confirm too

And seek back on live stream works fine now too with the last update of "InputStream Adaptive"

we must set in addon Youtube this :
xml:
Settings > Advanced > InputStream Adaptive > Use for live stream from Adaptive HLS to MPEG-DASH
Hello, I'm at a loss trying to get the Youtube add-on working.

I registered my API, Secret API, and client ID.  Everything is updated to most recent versions. Wifi signal strong.
I can search youtube for videos, thumbnails pop up, but I cannot play any videos.

I always encounter the:
" failed to get player response for video_id######### "
error.

Kodi 18.7 build
Using a Raspberry Pi 4
Raspberian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

If anyone has any troubleshooting ideas I would be deeply thankful.
(2024-04-26, 05:20)Kal5 Wrote: Hello, I'm at a loss trying to get the Youtube add-on working.

I registered my API, Secret API, and client ID.  Everything is updated to most recent versions. Wifi signal strong.
I can search youtube for videos, thumbnails pop up, but I cannot play any videos.

I always encounter the:
error.

Kodi 18.7 build
Using a Raspberry Pi 4

Kodi 18.7 was released in May, 2020. Have you tried a newer version?
Especially given it (and the entire Python 2 support beneath it) is now officially out of support, as notified in this recent blog.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you for the info DarrenHill and blueribb!
Very apricated. 

I wasn't aware that RetroPie is basically unable to support any recent version of Kodi and the "most recent" update it would provide is way way out of date.
Chromium + Pixel desktop it is then, luckily that is working now.
(2024-04-26, 05:20)Kal5 Wrote: Hello, I'm at a loss trying to get the Youtube add-on working.

I always encounter the:
error.

Kodi 18.7 build
Using a Raspberry Pi 4

are you try addon youtube v7.0.6 for Kodi v18 (Leia) from here ? :

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...e/releases

Edit : there is an update to 7.0.6.1

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...e/releases
Hi,

I have the same problem with Krypton DSplayer 17.6 and Add-on Youtube 6.8.25, message: "failed to get player response for video_id "XXXXXX"

The API on Youtube had disappeared, Youtube is blocking this, you have to restart the YouTube API procedure: I connect but the videos do not start.

@lumin did you find a solution ? an option to activate?

In addition to madVR, I use Kodi for the classification and trailer of physical 4K Blu-rays, can we install Kodi Dsplayer 17.6 AND Kodi 21 (for trailers)? or do you have to choose 1 version?

Thanks,
On Kodi 21 with YouTube v7.0.6.2 can't appear embedded subtitles although I have enabled them on settings.
Also sometimes videos playing 4Κ and othertimes the same ones playing 720p.
hi i am using version 7.0.5  but all  though you do the set up wizard it keeps asking for the same with the setup wizard  any ideas thanks
Hi everybody. Kodi rocks. Anyway, i have a google tv and i installed both a "no-ad" version of youtube app (you know what it is) and i also have Kodi on it. My TV has both vp9 and av1 hardware acceleration. The youtube app in question can play av1 videos from youtube perfectly fine. However, no matter what i did, i can not get the youtube addon in Kodi to play av1. It always selects vp9. Even when i select manual quality, it doesn't show any av1 option in the menu, even when the videos actually come with it.

Is it just me or is it a general problem with the addon and Kodi? I set things up correctly with the youtube addon. I tried to disable vp9 and enable only av1, but it still goes for vp9.
(2024-04-13, 00:32)gc248 Wrote:
(2024-04-05, 15:07)drjackel Wrote: I need to reautheticate every couple of days.
I am also seeing this. I have deleted the userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/ directory (and restored api_keys.json) in case something got corrupted running one of the beta builds and for a few days I thought this had been solved, but it happened again today. The prompt to "enable two applications" appeared immediately after successfully watching a video.

Since drjackel's post was the only other mention I'd seen of this issue, I thought it was worth confirming that it's not just that one user.

I'm currently running YouTube 7.0.5 on Kodi 20.3.0, LibreELEC 11.0.6 Generic.x86_64.

Same problem happing here for a few days, I need to keep on re-authenticate. YouTube 7.0.5 on Kodi 21.
How to make history work?
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0