• 3(current)
Bugs and Suggestions
haken Wrote:What about support for east european languages? Fonts should be full-unicode. Skin is amazing but i cannot use it due tu lack polish special characters

also èéà etc are displayed in lower caps (along with the rest in upper case), which looks quite ugly. even english titles have such characters sometimes, so this is imo the last little thing that'd make this skin just perfect! Smile
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
That has nothing to do with the skin. The standard wchar ToUpper() routines don't handle said characters.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:That has nothing to do with the skin. The standard wchar ToUpper() routines don't handle said characters.

Oh. So this is not a font problem? I just rapdily tested it on Windows, but I guess I should have checked it on Linux and the Xbox as well..
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I'm having problems with adding new movies.
The covers of the movies are saved in a very low resolution, even if the original movie.tbn is high resolution.
Also, the year of the movie is not saved. It now says "Movie Name ()" instead of "Movie Name (year)" when pressing 'i'

Is this a skin issue? I didn't have this with the Aeon skin
First, great work, great first release, looks awesome! Thanks for your work and keep it up!

Some things I noticed in my initial quick tests.

Bugs:
* When using an lcd-display on my htpc(Antec fusion chassie), the different headlines shows up like "[UPPERCASE] Videos [/UPPERCASE]" instead of just "Videos".
* When browsing for subtitles in the videoplayer, the filebrowser is hidden behind the slide.

Suggestions:
* When viewing pictures in the picture-list, they are so dark when not selected so it´s hard to see what they are. Hard to get a quick overview. Same thing when browsing movies in AMT.
* Use some graphical icons instead of BM, VS etc in the videoplayer.
* When playing music in fullscreen with visualisations, the info window is a vertical slide on the left side, would be better as bottom horizontal slide imho.
* Animations could be slightly faster, gets tiresome in the long run.
* The weather could show at least the current(or tomorrows) weather as a preview when selected on the home screen.
* When viewing some system settings and pressing up it dosen´t take me to the bottom of the list. Instead I get to choose the same thing as in the right menu but left/right as a headline instead. Makes no sense to have the same menu twice imo.
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
Quote:* When using an lcd-display on my htpc(Antec fusion chassie), the different headlines shows up like "[UPPERCASE] Videos [/UPPERCASE]" instead of just "Videos".

That's not a skin bug. Please post a bug report on trac and I'll look in to it.

Thanks,
Jonahtan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sandman4sure Wrote:I'm having problems with adding new movies.
The covers of the movies are saved in a very low resolution, even if the original movie.tbn is high resolution.
Also, the year of the movie is not saved. It now says "Movie Name ()" instead of "Movie Name (year)" when pressing 'i'

Is this a skin issue? I didn't have this with the Aeon skin

For the better quality thumbs i did this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<thumbsize>512</thumbsize>
</advancedsettings>

and saved it in the userdata folder within XBMC as AdvancedSettings.xml
yellowman Wrote:* When viewing some system settings and pressing up it dosen´t take me to the bottom of the list. Instead I get to choose the same thing as in the right menu but left/right as a headline instead. Makes no sense to have the same menu twice imo.

It's not the same menu, when in the settings screen the slide-out submenu gives you the list of sections within the current setting category but the menu at the top of the page gives you access to any of the settings categories (Appearance, Video etc)
jmarshall Wrote:That's not a skin bug. Please post a bug report on trac and I'll look in to it.

Thanks,
Jonahtan

Ok, sorry, will do. It looks fine in PMIII though, that's why I thought it was skin specific.
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
skunkm0nkee Wrote:It's not the same menu, when in the settings screen the slide-out submenu gives you the list of sections within the current setting category but the menu at the top of the page gives you access to any of the settings categories (Appearance, Video etc)

Oh so that´s how it works, my bad then! Blush So it´s the parent menu that gets moved to the top.

I found that a bit confusing, but maybe it´s just takes a while to get used to. Would be better to have the parent menu to the right of the current slide-out-menu, dimmed down a bit, and I could get to it by pressing right, just my opinion though. Nerd
This is a very small issue, but when you return to the Home page from any of the media sections, there is a brief flash of the movie backdrop (red theater seats) before the appropriate backdrop appears. Like I said, not a big deal, but it does detract somewhat from the otherwise smooth and very slick UI. This skin is amazing though, so I'd like to alsp say thank you for your hard work and creativity!
You're welcome dgm1960...glad you're enjoying it. Can you tell me what platform you're using the skin on? Xbox? Windows? Mac? Linux? Any further info you can provide will be of great help!

Thanks

Mike
Thanks Mike. I'm running XBMC for PC (build 14676) on XP. I'm hooked up to a 60" Sony via DVI to HDMI out from an Nvidia 8600GT. I thought is was just my system initially, but then I saw it happening in the video posted here:

http://www.tinkeringwithin.com/2008/...eam-skin-demo/

I hope this helps.
That =link is dead. Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMm4A0xzvqA&fmt=18

Although on OSX, this video shows it happening when returning to home from the music section.

Thanks again.
jmarshall Wrote:That's not a skin bug. Please post a bug report on trac and I'll look in to it.

Thanks,
Jonahtan

Submitted a quick and dirty workaround to remove/clean the UPPERCASE labels shown on LCD. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4487

Regards
VDRfan
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugs and Suggestions3