nas drive network connection problems for XBMC
HI CAN ANYONE HELP !!!!!

I have a Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL 1 tb nas drive with all my movies on i have loaded the drive via a smb windows network. this loads up fine with thumb nails and movie information and plays correctly. as soon as you turn off the computer and turn back on again and try and access the any of the movies on the buffalo drive a pop up box says it could not connect to network server.
Is this something to do with the the nas drive??
Do i have to change any setting on the nas drive??
debug log via pastebin please:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4363
Operating System: Windows XP* Home Edition, Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 1526 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 128 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 41 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Speed: 1695 MHZ
Device Revision: 04
Ram : 1.49GB

I only downloaded XBMC a week or so ago

Using a buffalo nas drive to store movies:LS-CHL4FB 1TB the problem as soon as you turn off the computer or XBMC and turn back on again and try and access the any of the movies on the buffalo drive a pop up box says it could not connect to network server. But it connected the first time to gather all the information and also played correctly in the first instance

i have posted what i believe to be the debug log using pastebin under my name : peter twine. im not 100% sure this is the correct debug file you need but the file was not located in the place you described. so fingers crossed this is right

if all this information is no good and you are unable to help dont worry i am pretty amateur when it comes to computing so i dont reckon i will be able to do alot at my end. anyway thanks for you time, if you could help on the other hand that would be great!!!
thanks peter
umhh, link the pastebin URL here so we can find it Rolleyes
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
http://pastebin.com/md106dba

just posted it again

thanks pete
Please do me a favor and disable the upnp server, reproduce the problem and post the log again.
The logfile you've posted just contains upnp debug lines and I can't find any smb access in there
hi sorry for the delay i didnt have the upnp enabled on the XBMC software but anyway i repeated the problem and pasted the notes http://pastebin.com/m2ad44ae9

i had a look at it and you can see the problems at the bottom of the page i believe
Two things:
1) you have the upnp server on, otherwise all the ..\..\xbmc\lib\libUPnP\Platinum wouldn't be there.
2) try a newer build instead. even though the latest aren't the stable ones they include a lot of bugfixes. maybe you can somewhere get a svn build before the dx merge. Ask kricker.
ok thanks for looking into the problem is kricker a forum member?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nas drive network connection problems for XBMC0