Solved Dual installation on the same device
Hi there,
I've been using Kodi on Android for a long time and my current installation (latest version of Leia) has some third party add-ons that may have broken the installation. With the forthcoming Matrix version I would like to separate the add-ons from my main library, so I would like to keep v18 with just the third party add-ons and the v19 with my library. When v19 will be published on Google Play will I be able to retain v18 or it will be replaced by v19?
Thanks
It will replace it, as it has the same app ID.

To have the two in parallel, you would have to alter the files inside the apk and give it a different app ID. You would also then have issues with the two versions trying to share the same userdata (wiki) folder and addons, which for Leia/Matrix of course won't work.

The simplest way to do it is seperate user profiles in your Android device if that's possible (basically entirely separate installs), but that's not exactly convenient.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-09-20, 14:51)DarrenHill Wrote: It will replace it, as it has the same app ID.

To have the two in parallel, you would have to alter the files inside the apk and give it a different app ID. You would also then have issues with the two versions trying to share the same userdata (wiki) folder and addons, which for Leia/Matrix of course won't work.

The simplest way to do it is seperate user profiles in your Android device if that's possible (basically entirely separate installs), but that's not exactly convenient.
Thanks for the answer!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual installation on the same device0