Kodi can't see SMB of AFP shares
Hi all, hoping someone might be able to help with this issue. I've got a Netgear ReadyNAS where I store all my media, it's set up so I can access it via SMA, AFP and NFS. And it works fine, my Macs can all see the share and access it with no problems.

On one of the Macs, a Mac mini (Catalina 10.15.6), I have Kodi running (v18.8) but no matter what I do, Kodi can't see the share. I go to Add Video Source > Browse and if I click on NFS, nothing happens, if I click on SMB it's blank (the ReadyNAS is set to WORKGROUP for the SMB domain).

The only way I can get Kodi to see the drives is to mount them onto the desktop and then add to Kodi as Volumes. Even with the share already mounted SMB in Kodi still can't see them. 

Any help would be much appreciated!
(2020-09-24, 11:21)Muskyinoz Wrote: I go to Add Video Source > Browse and if I click on NFS, nothing happens, if I click on SMB it's blank (the ReadyNAS is set to WORKGROUP for the SMB domain).

That is a new 'feature' of the SMB v2 protocol as per Microsoft's new implementation.
You will need to use the "Add a network location" option in Kodi to add your network source(s), and the Windows server user also now needs a password as per SMBv2 requirements.
(2020-09-24, 11:30)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-09-24, 11:21)Muskyinoz Wrote: I go to Add Video Source > Browse and if I click on NFS, nothing happens, if I click on SMB it's blank (the ReadyNAS is set to WORKGROUP for the SMB domain).

That is a new 'feature' of the SMB v2 protocol as per Microsoft's new implementation.
You will need to use the "Add a network location" option in Kodi to add your network source(s), and the Windows server user also now needs a password as per SMBv2 requirements.

Thanks Klojum, I'll give that a try

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi can't see SMB of AFP shares0