v18 Video Nodes
Hi I posted this in the MQ8 skin section with no answers, I hope for better luck here.

I have a video node on the main menu called comics it's content is set to TV Shows with Local info.
As info on the wiki says I have copied C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\library to %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\library.
I have created an .xml file which is this:-

xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="30" type="filter" visible="visible">
    <label>Comics</label>
    <content>TV Shows</content>
    <match>all</match>
    <icon>DefaultCOMICS.png</icon>
    <rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">
        <value>TV</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>COMICS</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>100000</limit>
</node>

Is what I have put here correct <icon>DefaultCOMICS.png</icon> . As this a node created and named by me how is the <icon>DefaultCOMICS.png</icon> cretated.
What should I  do with the file now.Should I create a folder called comics like so \userdata\library\video\comics, if so will I need to have a index.xml in it.
Would index.xml be like this:-

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="1" visible="Library.HasContent(TV Shows)">
  <label>?</label>
  <icon>DefaultComics.png</icon>
</node>

I not sure about:-
 "Library.HasContent(TV Shows)"> I'm guessing that it would be TV Shows as that is what I have set the content to.
<label>?</label>  Would I have to add COMICS to the strings.po file and enter the number in here
I'm assuming <icon>DefaultComics.png</icon>  will be whatever the answer is to above.
(2020-09-26, 10:14)aceuk Wrote: Is what I have put here correct <icon>DefaultCOMICS.png</icon> . As this a node created and named by me how is the <icon>DefaultCOMICS.png</icon> cretated.
This is one of my nodes. Notice that I have used the full path to my chosen icon image. In this case I have placed the icon images in the same folder as the node files, but they could be placed anywhere they are accessible.

xml:
<node order="3" type="filter">
<label>Rated M</label>
<content>movies</content>
<icon>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\movies\mpaaratings\ratedm.png</icon>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
<group>none</group>
<rule field="mpaarating" operator="is">
<value>Australia:M</value>
</rule>
</node>

You don't need an index file unless you are creating a series of related nodes. Is that what you are doing? If it is just a single node for comics, then the index file is not needed.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-26, 10:26)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-09-26, 10:14)aceuk Wrote: Is what I have put here correct <icon>DefaultCOMICS.png</icon> . As this a node created and named by me how is the <icon>DefaultCOMICS.png</icon> cretated.
This is one of my nodes. Notice that I have used the full path to my chosen icon image. In this case I have placed the icon images in the same folder as the node files, but they could be placed anywhere they are accessible.

xml:
<node order="3" type="filter">
<label>Rated M</label>
<content>movies</content>
<icon>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\movies\mpaaratings\ratedm.png</icon>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
<group>none</group>
<rule field="mpaarating" operator="is">
<value>Australia:M</value>
</rule>
</node>

You don't need an index file unless you are creating a series of related nodes. Is that what you are doing? If it is just a single node for comics, then the index file is not needed.
Karellen thanks for replying. My node is on the main menu and is just a word (COMICS) see pic

How do I link the comics.xml to the COMICS (text) when clicked upon.
Also where do I place the comics.xml file
I'll move you down to the Aeon MQ forum as your questions are all related to the skin.

Hopefully @Wanilton or other members can help you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-27, 00:03)Karellen Wrote: I'll move you down to the Aeon MQ forum as your questions are all related to the skin.

Hopefully @Wanilton or other members can help you.

Karellen - I just noticed I missed a word out in opining post. Should read "Hi I posted this in the MQ8 skin section with no answers," I had posted there 5 days and 139 views.
(2020-09-27, 09:49)aceuk Wrote: Karellen - I just noticed I missed a word out in opining post. Should read "Hi I posted this in the MQ8 skin section with no answers," I had posted there 5 days and 139 views.
ok, but it is a skin issue. As I don't use this skin, I cannot help you. So hopefully other users that have the skin installed will be able to help out. Personally I have never added a node as a main menu item, so not even sure if it is possible. I am sure it is, but I have no idea unless I spend an hour or so trying to figure it out.

Please don't knowingly post in the wrong section. If you are asking a skin question, then make sure you use the correct skin forum.
My Signature
(2020-09-27, 10:08)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-09-27, 09:49)aceuk Wrote: Karellen - I just noticed I missed a word out in opining post. Should read "Hi I posted this in the MQ8 skin section with no answers," I had posted there 5 days and 139 views.
ok, but it is a skin issue. As I don't use this skin, I cannot help you. So hopefully other users that have the skin installed will be able to help out. Personally I have never added a node as a main menu item, so not even sure if it is possible. I am sure it is, but I have no idea unless I spend an hour or so trying to figure it out.

Please don't knowingly post in the wrong section. If you are asking a skin question, then make sure you use the correct skin forum.
As I did not have any replies from so many views I thought that maybe it was not a skin problem and that was why I posted elsewhere
Go to customize main menu, and use the replace function, the skin have support for insert video or audio nodes in the main menu or submenus.

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2020-09-27, 15:23)Wanilton Wrote: Go to customize main menu, and use the replace function, the skin have support for insert video or audio nodes in the main menu or submenus.

That is what I did to create the node and called it Comics.
Why are the rules that I put in the library\video\tvshows \ titles.xml not working
Save off the node as a 'favourite' and see if it functions from that point.
(2020-09-27, 17:56)PatK Wrote: Save off the node as a 'favourite' and see if it functions from that point.

How do I do that
Install script favourites, press c above the item, add to favourites, now in customize main menu, replace using the specific favourite.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2020-09-28, 02:04)Wanilton Wrote: Install script favourites, press c above the item, add to favourites, now in customize main menu, replace using the specific favourite.

I have added to Favourites but when i go to customize main menu, replace how do I find it. All the options shown are not what I added to Favourites.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Nodes0