Which wireless HTPC keyboard+mouse?
Actually, does that Dinovo work in linux? I know the logitech bluetooth ps3 keyboard doesn't.
Yes, I and several others are using the DiNovo just fine - follow the multiple links in my signature for information. I have not tried getting into the BIOS with it but am told it will work. IF you use a standard BT dongle then you have to synch and do other goofy stuff so it probably wouldn't work in BIOS there but the included dongle worked just fine with no synch etc. I do see a BT device in the hardware list though and not some funky keyboard so am not sure. I have a wired keyboard\mouse attached to my box and hidden away if I need to use them but I have to get off the couch to do so Smile

P.S. The DiNovo was $100 off eBay - not too bad IMO.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Well that Dinovo looks really awesome. And, just looking at it, one would think it would be in the $300 range. So I am trying to figure out what the catch is. This might be what my mother needs in her htpc setup.
Thumbs Up 
flexgrip Wrote:Well that Dinovo looks really awesome. And, just looking at it, one would think it would be in the $300 range. So I am trying to figure out what the catch is. This might be what my mother needs in her htpc setup.

Nah - cheap cheap! They list at $149. I'll spend money on this kind of thing but $300 for a keyboard would be pretty extreme!Shocked

So far the biggest quirk is that the little media keys aren't working in XBMC but for some reason they seemed to work in Ubuntu proper.Huh It is also missing the | key and a few other oddballs I think but none I've needed so far. If you were going to be building shell scripts or doing funky things at the commandline (why?!) this might not be a great choice but for occasional control of XBMC it seems to work fine. That it has a rechargeable battery that is supposed to be good for a month on a 4hr charge or a day on a 10min charge is icing on the cake - and the battery is easily swappable. My sig has the link for getting the touchpad working in Ubuntu - was a 10 second change. There's a thread about this in the XBMC Windows section too, perhaps worth a read for more info.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I've got a dinovo mini. - love it - though I have some minor problems

I'm running xbmc on hardy and all buttons are working when using it in ubuntu.
When I fire up XBMC I have problems with the media keys and the left/right keys on the keypad (when set in keypad mode).

I tried catching the keycodes in the xbmc log and this is what I get:

For the left and right keypad keys:
Code:
21:44:25 T:3068053344 M:1496047616   DEBUG: OnKey: 61477 pressed, action is 15
21:44:27 T:3068053344 M:1496047616   DEBUG: OnKey: 61479 pressed, action is 14
I have mapped this in the keymap.xml like this:
Code:
<key id="61477">Left</key>
        <key id="61479">Right</key>
but no change...

for the multimedia keys:
Code:
21:45:03 T:3068053344 M:1496166400   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CDEB6A_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | volume-down
21:45:06 T:3068053344 M:1496166400   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CDEB6A_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | volume-up
21:45:07 T:3068053344 M:1496166400   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CDEB6A_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | mute
21:45:10 T:3068053344 M:1496174592   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CDEB6A_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | record
21:45:12 T:3068053344 M:1496166400   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CDEB6A_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | previous-song
21:45:14 T:3068053344 M:1496166400   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CDEB6A_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | stop-cd
21:45:15 T:3068053344 M:1496166400   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CDEB6A_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | play-pause
21:45:17 T:3068053344 M:1496166400   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c71f_000761CDEB6A_if0_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | next-song

Don't know how to map that in the keymap.xml....

My own conclusion is that this is not a hardware thing - luckly
But what are my options (especially on the left/right keys) ?
Does anybody else see this problem ?
Who's got it working with problems ? which version of ubuntu ?

thanks
Just solved all my problems - all my buttons are working for me now...

I did this stuff which fixed my multimedia keys. After that I removed the stuff that I had added for the left/right keys - now it all works
hinge Wrote:Just solved all my problems - all my buttons are working for me now...

I did this stuff which fixed my multimedia keys. After that I removed the stuff that I had added for the left/right keys - now it all works

thanx. will try it soon! but what about the ESC key? how did you solve this? everytime i want to cancel a menu i have to keypress Fn+Tab! crazy for a bighandman like me? any suggestions?

anyways - dinovo is the one and only htpc keyboard. its a little bit expensive but worth ever euro (or dollar - global understanding Wink)

i can say to everyone - buy it and you will love it!
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
Anyone tried this one :

http://forums.ncix.com/forums/index.php?...msg1566236

Looks promising, might order one up...
ringgh0st Wrote:thanx. will try it soon! but what about the ESC key? how did you solve this? everytime i want to cancel a menu i have to keypress Fn+Tab! crazy for a bighandman like me? any suggestions?

anyways - dinovo is the one and only htpc keyboard. its a little bit expensive but worth ever euro (or dollar - global understanding Wink)

i can say to everyone - buy it and you will love it!

I haven't had problems with the esc key. Are you sure it's a "problem" maybe you just need to remap the cancel function to an other key. I think that there is both "back" and "cancel" mine are mapped to "backspace" and "left mouse button". Check that in Keymap.xml
hinge Wrote:I haven't had problems with the esc key. Are you sure it's a "problem" maybe you just need to remap the cancel function to an other key. I think that there is both "back" and "cancel" mine are mapped to "backspace" and "left mouse button". Check that in Keymap.xml

sorry im just at the beginning of keymapping and lircmapping. read some threads about that and when i have 6 hours of time i will get into deep of that Wink

by remapping you mean cp the /usr/system/share keymap.xml to /home/xbmc/usrdata and edit it? the keymap.xml in the /home dir overrides the one in the system dir? am i right?
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
sicon99 Wrote:Anyone tried this one :

http://forums.ncix.com/forums/index.php?...msg1566236

Looks promising, might order one up...
sicon99,

You can find the same kbd for significantly less $$ at the link below; there are dozens of user reviews as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Company-MediaGate-...578&sr=8-1

(if link does not show, search for "Noah Company MediaGate GP-IR02BK Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate MCE Remote Control, 2 Channel IR (Black)" at amazon dot com)
Can anyone help please? I am a complete techno thicko. I need simple instructions how to connect a keyboard to Television for the XMBC box. It is working well with the remote which came with the box, but I find it slow so purchased a small keyboard. Have not got a clue what the instruction say. Keyboard came with a small dongle thingy if that is the correct name which came out of the back of keyboard. NOW my question is....... does this dongle fit into the TV or the xmbc box to make it work? or do I have to go into settings? Plain simple instructions please if you are able to help.
Thanks in advance.. Sootypaws
Plug it into the usb port of your computer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which wireless HTPC keyboard+mouse?0