• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
timdog82001 Wrote:I must be missing something here. I'm running ubuntu 8.04 with beta 2 of xbmc. It's my first linux install so i may be doing something wacky but here's what I did.

I installed the plugin, tried to configure it, and it wouldn't let me browse anywhere outside my Home folder. So, I downloaded a copy of firefox for linux and put it in a folder called XBMC Apps in my home folder. I launched it to make sure it works by double clicking on the "firefox" file, not the firefox-bin file. I made sure it would run, then went into xbmc, configured it to launch that file, with no arguments. Now, when i try to run it via the plugin in xbmc, a dialog pops up for a split second that says "Launcher" in the top left, with a cancel button, and it dissappears after maybe a 50th of a second, and thats it.

Am I missing something obvious here?
XBMC limits the browse only for your Home folder. you should create a symlink to root folder there (ln -s / ~/root) and then you'll be able to browse your filesystem.
Thanks for the tip, I had tried linking directly to the firefox folder and that didin't work, but your solution did, for whatever reason. Thanks Smile.

Two other questions...It is intended to launch programs fullscreen, without any title bars, correct? It's not working with me like that, it launches into another window, with fully visible titlebars...I've tried with Firefox and GXmame, both on ubuntu 8.04.

Second, this question goes out to anybody really...has anybody had issues using gxmame and trying to launch roms through xbmc? The launcher will launch the program but not the rom, i have to launch it by hand after it brings up gxmame. I saw some were having problems like this with files with spaces in the name. It happens to me with ALL files. I thought it may be because the roms were on a drive with space in the name, so i copied a few into a folder on the desktop with no spaces in the name but it still does the same thing. I then set out to try to do the hack someone mentioned of adding the quotations to the launchers.xml file, but i don't seem to have one? Has this been removed?
timdog82001 Wrote:Thanks for the tip, I had tried linking directly to the firefox folder and that didin't work, but your solution did, for whatever reason. Thanks Smile.

Two other questions...It is intended to launch programs fullscreen, without any title bars, correct? It's not working with me like that, it launches into another window, with fully visible titlebars...I've tried with Firefox and GXmame, both on ubuntu 8.04.

Second, this question goes out to anybody really...has anybody had issues using gxmame and trying to launch roms through xbmc? The launcher will launch the program but not the rom, i have to launch it by hand after it brings up gxmame. I saw some were having problems like this with files with spaces in the name. It happens to me with ALL files. I thought it may be because the roms were on a drive with space in the name, so i copied a few into a folder on the desktop with no spaces in the name but it still does the same thing. I then set out to try to do the hack someone mentioned of adding the quotations to the launchers.xml file, but i don't seem to have one? Has this been removed?
It isn't intended to launch programs fullscreen. you'll need the program to support it in order to run it in fullscreen.
as far as I know, there's no way to run firefox in fullscreen, unless you'll press F11 after you open it.
ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. And if i didn't say so already, thank you for all your work on this. It's certainly appreciated.
I need help, Programs, N64 emulator and everything work great.
Best program yet.

I just have a question though, how do i get launcher to start games in zsnes, It just opens the program and sits at the menu.

Project 64 has no problem launching and starting the rom.

Thanks Smile
I have this same issue. I'm using the following emulators:
Stella-Atari 2600
Nestopia
ZSNES
Fusion (Sega emulator)
none of them open the Roms I select, they just open the emulator. How can I get them to open the roms that I've selected in launcher? I can open the roms from the file menu of each emulator once it's opened and they run flawlessly, but that kind of defeats the purpose of Launcher.

Another issue I'm having is with MAME. I select the rom in launcher, the mame window opens for about half a second, saying "Loading 68%" or a similar number, then closes and leaves me at my desktop.

Any ideas on how to fix these two issues? If I can get this working correctly I'll be a happy man.

Thanks.
Quote:none of them open the Roms I select, they just open the emulator. How can I get them to open the roms that I've selected in launcher?
This is just a guess off the top of my head, but did you set the ROM extension correctly within Launcher? My ROMs are all .zip and they launch from within xbmc on xbox.
micster Wrote:This is just a guess off the top of my head, but did you set the ROM extension correctly within Launcher? My ROMs are all .zip and they launch from within xbmc on xbox.

yep, set the Rom extension on each emulator to zip (all my Roms are individually zipped) in the launcher setup. It imports them fine, I have a list of all roms for each emulator, but when I select one, it just opens the emulator associated with it.

Oh, I also have Ootake (PCEngine emulator). It doesn't open at all. If I select a Rom, XBMC minimizes and I get an error box that says "too many arguments".
OK, I've got it fixed now (sort of).

I completely uninstalled XBMC and reinstalled the weekly build posted on another thread (comes with Launcher), and my Roms now launch correctly. However, when I exit, XBMC does not come back into focus-it stays minimized on the task bar-ZSnes I believe is the only one that exits correctly, with XBMC coming back up. Any ideas there?

Also, can anyone tell me a good PC Engine emulator that will work with Launcher? The only one I've found that works is mednafen (Ootake just errors out as I said before), but I can't figure out how to configure it to run fullscreen or to work with my gamepad (Logitech Dual Action). The instructions on their forum don't work.
Hey micster, I have tryed to use the plugin you posted on page 2 for my xbox. How did you get this to work on your xbox? After I set everything up it tells me to come back to the folder to see the changes but nothing ever shows up. What do you put in for augments and stuff? Do you leave it blank? I do have the latest T3CH build so maybe Im doing something wrong. The fist thing I put in is the pathe to the xbe thats for the emu. Then the rom folder, and file extention. I just want this to work on my xbox, so any help would be apreceated.
Do anyone have a fix for this ??
@Spc4
I'm using the latest version of Leo2's script from the SVN repository, but I don't think too much has changed. It's always just kinda worked for me. The only emulator I've tried is zsnexbox, so maybe I just got lucky with that program because I haven't tried anything else (they should work though).

It sounds like your doing it right. I always switch my skin to the default Project Mayhem skin first because it's easier to read all the instructions. I navigate to the "default.xbe" file in the Emulators's directory first... I actually select that file. I leave the arguments blank and then point to the directory/folder that contains all of my ROMs for that emulator.

Maybe just go through the process again and read everything twice to make sure you haven't missed anything. Sometimes I reboot the xbox to make doubly sure my changes have taken effect. Maybe try and load the same Emulator I'm using, Zsnexbox 3.5 and see if you can get it to work. Good luck.

-Mic
Thank you. I kept downloading v1.01 on page 2 insted of v1.02 on page 1. D'oh! I got it to work just fine.
Just wondering....Is there a way to get this launcher to scan recursivly for roms? I have all my GBA roms in separated in folders (by letter) and also within that each game is in thier individual folder. I guess what im trying to do is for the launcher to scan all the roms from within each folder and use the folder name for the name.

Thanks
oh and btw thank you for this launcher. I am using it with media stream and its awesome
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7