• 39(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
nevermind
the sorting thing has been a big pain for some time.
@JustSomeUser big thanks for the fix !!!
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
I tried a fresh install of the latest SVN (fresh == I deleted the plugins/programs/Launcher folder and the userdata/plugin_data/programs/Launcher folder). I'm on Linux. When I first run the plugin, I get this error in the logs:

Quote:07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: File "/home/anthony/.xbmc/plugins/programs/Launcher/default.py", line 19, in ?
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: import resources.lib.launcher_plugin as plugin
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: File "
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: /home/anthony/.xbmc/plugins/programs/Launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: ", line
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: 362
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory( handle=int( self._handle ), succeeded=True, cacheToDisc=False ) xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory( handle=int( self._handle ), succeeded=True, cacheToDisc=False )
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: ^
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: SyntaxError
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: :
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 NOTICE: invalid syntax
07:58:42 T:2984582000 M:551579648 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error

EDIT: For some reason, those two commands were on one line. Changing this part (line 362):

Code:
xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory( handle=int( self._handle ), succeeded=True, cacheToDisc=False ) xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory( handle=int( self._handle ), succeeded=True, cacheToDisc=False )

to this:

Code:
xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory( handle=int( self._handle ), succeeded=True, cacheToDisc=False )
            xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory( handle=int( self._handle ), succeeded=True, cacheToDisc=False )

fixed the problem.
What determines the viewtypes available for the Launcher plugin? I'm on Aeon, and I can only choose between List and Wall. Is that something that is done by the plugin, the skin, or the XBMC core itself?
Quote:is this sort solution is backward compatible? I mean, will it work on XBMC 8.10?
I don't know.

Quote:Thanks for the advice JustSomeUser
No problem, hope it's working now.

Quote:I installed XBMC in an Intel (ATOM) machine and because of the Nvidea chipset, it works great. Can this "add on" be installed in a system where the underlying OS is GRUB? If so, some guidance would be GREATLY appreciated. I've figured out (in GRUB) that my hard disk is HD0 and the thumbdrive is HD1, but beyond that, I'm clueless.
You are probably running some Linux, GRUB is just a boot loader which can load any OS even windows. If so try to copy the launcher files to "~/.xbmc/plugins/programs/" if that directory exists if not try creating it.

Quote:the sorting thing has been a big pain for some time.
Yeah it really was.

Quote:What determines the viewtypes available for the Launcher plugin? I'm on Aeon, and I can only choose between List and Wall. Is that something that is done by the plugin, the skin, or the XBMC core itself?
That should be something XBMC does or probably the skin, I'm using MARK-III and can select five different views.
Another useful patch for those of you that have thumbs in the rom path.
like this
Code:
GreatGame.rom
GreatGame.png
AnotherGreatGame.rom
AnotherGreatGame.jpg

This patch will look for thumbs while importing roms.

To apply just open "XBMC\plugins\Programs\Launcher\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py"

insert at end of file
PHP Code:
def _get_local_thumbselffilename ):

exts = ['jpg''png''gif''bmp']
        for 
ext in exts:

#try with changed extension

thumb filename[:-len(os.path.splitext(filename)[-1])] + "." ext

if (os.path.isfile(thumb)):
                return 
thumb

#also try with original extension

thumb filename "." ext

if (os.path.isfile(thumb)):
                return 
thumb 

search
PHP Code:
def _import_roms(selflauncherNameaddRoms False):

romdata["name"] = romname
                        romdata
["filename"] = fullname
                        romdata
["thumb"] = ""

# add rom to the roms list (using name as index)

roms[romname] = romdata

change to
PHP Code:
def _import_roms(selflauncherNameaddRoms False):

romdata["name"] = romname
                        romdata
["filename"] = fullname

#try the filename of the rom with different extension to get a valid thumbnail

thumb self._get_local_thumb(fullname)
                        if 
thumb:

romdata["thumb"] = thumb

else:

romdata["thumb"] = ""

# add rom to the roms list (using name as index)

roms[romname] = romdata

and save the file
now delete "XBMC\plugins\Programs\Launcher\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.pyo".
Now try to import roms if the thumbs do not show up you probably need to remove the launcher first and add it again.

Tested with Launcher 1.04 and XBMC 9.11-a2 on WinXP64
I'm trying to get Launcher working with OSX 10.5.8 & the current RC canidate of XBMC. I've read through this thread and install Launcher as suggested and it does launch Firefox/Safari/DVD Player/etc. however they launch behind XBMC and the XBMC window is stuck at a launching dialog.

Any ideas on how to work around this?

Thanks,
B
First of all, thanks for this plugin which, if I can get it to work properly, will make the day of my kids.
Second, apologies if the topic has been covered already but I just could not go through more than 50 pages of forum Blush.
I'm running Windows 7 and the first thing I noticed is that you have to unzip the archive into C:\users\<user>\Roaming\XBMC\Plugins\Programs in order to get it to show up in the programs. Now, I wanted to launch Need for Speed Most Wanted from XBMC and successfuly created the Launcher for it, but when I click the icon, I get the message "XBMC cannot find the program "C:\Program ".
I suppose this has to do with spaces in the directory and filenames, but is there a way around it?
Many thanks and keep up the good work
Disregard my previous message, I found the solution.
I should have started reading the thread from the last page back Smile
Ok, I have added my emulator and roms folder with the extensions but when I go to open a rom the emulator just opens up. I am guessing I need some arguments to have it run right away. I have tried 3 different emulators but they just all open to no games. Any ideas on this one? Running the newest beta and windows 7.
Darkjasper Wrote:Ok, I have added my emulator and roms folder with the extensions but when I go to open a rom the emulator just opens up. I am guessing I need some arguments to have it run right away. I have tried 3 different emulators but they just all open to no games. Any ideas on this one? Running the newest beta and windows 7.
Any spaces in the rom-filename, perchance?
@Darkjasper
Try this patched launcher if you have spaces in your paths or apply this patch.

This time I have three new patches Big Grin
-search function to quickly search through big rom lists (all launchers or single launcher)
-remove dead rom entries while importing
-thumbs for normal apps (also for launchers (tests the roms path and exe path)) from file system (like the other thumbs patch for the roms)
Code:
X:\Path\To\My\RomsPath\
X:\Path\To\My\RomsPath.png
X:\Path\To\My\App.exe
X:\Path\To\My\App.jpg

This includes a patched launcher (the one I currently use) and also the patches are in there in separated files (lib folder) if you want to patch your own.
Launcher_1.04_patched_r1_JustSomeUser.zip ~30kb
What I added to my patched launcher
Code:
-spaces in rom names fix for windows (I don't know if this is a problem on linux)
-sort apps, launchers and roms alphabetically
-thumbs for roms from folder while importing
-thumbs for launchers and apps from folder while adding a new one
-remove dead rom entries while importing
-search function for all or single launcher
-changed item order of the context menus
-added .cmd extension for windows to be selected as app or launcher
-minimize xbmc while running an app or rom ([url=http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=427765&postcount=555]xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")[/url])
that should be it.

Happy Holidays
What an awesome program! works well on the new RC!

Cheers
Thanks JustSomeUser,
download doesn't work, please open an issue in http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/i...%20request and attach the file.
I will review it and add merge it to Launcher.
Works very nice JustSomeUser!
Happy holidays to you too!
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7