• 67(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
Robert de Clair Wrote:What for is selecting consoletype in launcher?

Actually to identify a game and use the scrappers the launcher addon needs two informations :
  • the game name
  • and the game platform (console type)
And as you know you can also use the launcher in to way :
  • as stand alone launcher (for stand alone application like PC games)
  • or as roms launcher (by launching emulators for example)

For the "roms launcher" use, the launcher console type will automatically define the console type for all the roms managed by the launcher. So for the automatic scrapping with only the romname the scrapper will be able to found the right game (romname+consoletype) and download the right informations (data+covers+fanarts).

For the "stand-alone" use, if you use it for stand-alone games, the console type will have the same function as for the roms (scrapping the right game informations). Actually covers and fanarts scrapping are not availiable but I will soon add this options (I just have to define how I will select the default images). For other stand alone application (internet browser, etc...) the console type has no really goal or effect.
Robert de Clair Wrote:A reason for lack of internal hdd drives is....DOCTOR HOUSE Wink
Yeah its true Smile i DVD/CD in drive makes this confusing thing. For mi that was doctor house (sezon 2) Big Grin
So if you dont see anything but DVD or external flash drives just check this drive and remove CD or flash card. it could help.
That's confirms my thought about a XBMC related bug and not a bug with the launcher.
Well i know most rules of old launcher Smile

but i dont know what for is waitstate on off

I have a GB/GBC/SGB roms in one folder so could launcher will have a settings for scrapper search at all three places simultaneously?

I work before at My Emulators plugin (for Media Portal) so i have experience and natural skill to bug finding Wink
as you see with DVD :>

Amiga has 2 ways to run roms (floppies)
1st use a ADF ADZ file to launch like a rom - theres nothing to add
2nd is more complicated but eliminate waiting for loaders and skipping intros/trainerz etc.etc just save state preloaded before game

Configuration for winUAE (no more bath files, no more intros skipping)

i.e.

winuae.exe -f Black.uae -s statefile=Savestates\Black.uss

as you see a config file (UAE) has same name as statefile (USS) - so there are only problem to use it with Launcher.

Ofcourse path to emulator and path to dir with roms depend on localisation of emulator and *.uae configuration files
No more intro's, trainers, skipping waiting for load etc. etc. you can decide by savestate file where you wish to start your amiga game.

Short explaintation

winUAE load config file, and if exist savestate file, then just run it.
If savestate file doesnt exist - winUAE just run game normally from scratch.

I was used part of my text from mediaportal forum i hope you understand me Smile
Robert de Clair Wrote:Well i know most rules of old launcher Smile
but i dont know what for is waitstate on off
To be honest I don't know also. Laugh It was present into the original version of the launcher, but I did not found time to found its goal.

Robert de Clair Wrote:I have a GB/GBC/SGB roms in one folder so could launcher will have a settings for scrapper search at all three places simultaneously?
No, you cannot do it simultaneously with the actual scrappers. allgame.com clearly make the difference between those 3 systems (with different platform ID). If you really want to use the 3 different game platform into the same folder and with the same launcher what you can do is to scan your folder in 3 time.
  • Create a new launcher with only the GB extension and corresponding game system, then scan for new files.
  • Edit the launcher with the GBC extension and corresponding game system, then scan.
  • Edit the launcher with the SGB extension and corresponding game system, then scan.
  • Edit the launcher with the GB|GBC|SGB extensions and the default game system.
I have never try but normally it will work.

Robert de Clair Wrote:Amiga has 2 ways to run roms (floppies)
1st use a ADF ADZ file to launch like a rom - theres nothing to add
2nd is more complicated but eliminate waiting for loaders and skipping intros/trainerz etc.etc just save state preloaded before game

Configuration for winUAE (no more bath files, no more intros skipping)

i.e.

as you see a config file (UAE) has same name as statefile (USS) - so there are only problem to use it with Launcher.
Yes I clearly understand you. That's also a long time that I'm playing with emulators and I have already used WinUAE. I don't think I will add this kind of functionality into the launcher because it is very specific to WinUAE and also because I think you can bypass this problem using a .BAT file or a small autoit script.
Anyone know how to get epsxe to auto enable analog controller (ie. Not pressing f5)? I've tried -analog and -analog1 (like their doco says) but not working Sad
Angelscry Wrote:Please a log file that is not crypted.... No

OK, I think that original file I uploaded didn't pertain to the error I'm encountering anyway because, if I'm not mistaken, it will only make the crashlog if a script actually crashes, correct? This never ever gets to running the script, so the script doesn't technically crash and xbmc doesn't make the crashlog However, an xbmc debug log states that "ERROR: Package plugin.program.launcher(10).zip is not a valid addon"

Here is the debug log: http://pastebin.com/9Jp2TytM

I have tested this on two different machines. One is desktop computer running XBMCLive beta 4, and the other is a netbook running tripleboot, on that one I've tested it on both xbmclive and windows 7. Same problem in all those systems.
timdog82001 Wrote:OK, I think that original file I uploaded didn't pertain to the error I'm encountering anyway because, if I'm not mistaken, it will only make the crashlog if a script actually crashes, correct? This never ever gets to running the script, so the script doesn't technically crash and xbmc doesn't make the crashlog However, an xbmc debug log states that "ERROR: Package plugin.program.launcher(10).zip is not a valid addon"

Here is the debug log: http://pastebin.com/9Jp2TytM

I have tested this on two different machines. One is desktop computer running XBMCLive beta 4, and the other is a netbook running tripleboot, on that one I've tested it on both xbmclive and windows 7. Same problem in all those systems.
I have just found what happened. Name of the addon file as to be exactly plugin.program.launcher.zip and not plugin.program.launcher(10).zip or you will have an error message Wink
PainToad Wrote:Anyone know how to get epsxe to auto enable analog controller (ie. Not pressing f5)? I've tried -analog and -analog1 (like their doco says) but not working Sad
Maybe not the solution, just an idea. Have you try to manually edit the epsxe config file.
Code:
# Plugins names
VideoPlugin = libgpuPeopsMesaGL.so.1.0.78
SoundPlugin = libspuPeopsOSS.so.1.0.9
PadPlugin = INTERNAL
and change the INTERNAL value by the library corresponding to your pad, like this :
Code:
# Plugins names
VideoPlugin = libgpuPeopsMesaGL.so.1.0.78
SoundPlugin = libspuPeopsOSS.so.1.0.9
PadPlugin = libpadOmniJoy.so
HuhHuhHuh
Robert de Clair Wrote:but i dont know what for is waitstate on off
When activated the waitstate option use the System.ExecWait XBMC command to launch an application instead of the System.Exec XBMC command. This is a win32 option only.
Here is a thread concerning those 2 commands : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46777
Angelscry Wrote:I have just found what happened. Name of the addon file as to be exactly plugin.program.launcher.zip and not plugin.program.launcher(10).zip or you will have an error message Wink

I just tried it after renaming to plugin.program.launcher.zip and I get the same error. Also, when I tried some older versions of the plugin that worked, as I mentioned in a previous post, those WERE named things like plugin.program.launcher(7).zip and so on. Any other ideas?
timdog82001 Wrote:I just tried it after renaming to plugin.program.launcher.zip and I get the same error. Also, when I tried some older versions of the plugin that worked, as I mentioned in a previous post, those WERE named things like plugin.program.launcher(7).zip and so on. Any other ideas?

Try this new file : plugin.program.launcher.zip

It is the version of the launcher addon released on 2010.11.15 but this one will not fail during install. I have just discover that I have made a mistake during zip compression of the addon.Oo
yep! it works now! thanks!
i have no idea how to make it with bat

ok

winuae.exe -f %1 -s statefile=Savestates\%1 but with damn other ext Wink doesnt work

for me it could be useful kind of variable who doesnt use suffix so then i just can use it in bat

winuae.exe -f %1.uae -s statefile=Savestates\%1.uss

where %1 mean romname without suffix and could be turned on by launcher after selecting Amiga

it's probably not correct code for python but im trying Wink
Code:
if selcted console system is Amiga then show mercy for Clair and make romname without extension
Robert de Clair Wrote:i have no idea how to make it with bat

ok

winuae.exe -f %1 -s statefile=Savestates\%1 but with damn other ext Wink doesnt work

for me it could be useful kind of variable who doesnt use suffix so then i just can use it in bat

winuae.exe -f %1.uae -s statefile=Savestates\%1.uss

where %1 mean romname without suffix and could be turned on by launcher after selecting Amiga

it's probably not correct code for python but im trying Wink
Code:
if selcted console system is Amiga then show mercy for Clair and make romname without extension

I know that it is possible to do this using a small autoit compiled script. I've already wrote this kind of script for WinUAE several years ago when I was working on AtomicFE. The problem is that I'm not using Windows a lot those days. If you could be patient, I will try to see to wrote a compiled script that do the job.

Just do be sure. The command line for WinUAE is :

Black.uae and Black.uss are not into the same directory. Black.uaewill be in the roms directory and Black.uss into a Savestates directory. Where is exactyl located the Savestates directory?
I will stop to occupy and take all the place on this thread with my modified version of the launcher add-on. For that, I have opened a new thread dedicated only to my MOD of the launcher add-on, just here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7