• 8(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
it's not a script! it's a plugin.
you should add "Launcher" as source in the "Programs" section.
the "Programs" section is available in MCE360 skin under the name "Games"
@leo2 & darxide:
Using the latest XBMC version it works as intended, without quotes in the xml file!
Not only that, but they solved the non-working windows network browsing.
elspero Wrote:@leo2 & darxide:
Using the latest XBMC version it works as intended, without quotes in the xml file!
Not only that, but they solved the non-working windows network browsing.

Awesome I'm glad to hear. That issue drove me nuts having one symptom on one pc and not the other. I now have 90% of my emulators working from launcher so, soon won't have to exit XBMC to launch anything.

On a side note if anyone is having issues getting Chankast (dreamcast EMU) working I wrote a batch file to load the iso w/ daemon tools and run the emulator. I also have one for MAME. I can post the upon request.
leo2 Wrote:it's not a script! it's a plugin.
you should add "Launcher" as source in the "Programs" section.
the "Programs" section is available in MCE360 skin under the name "Games"

Ok, i guess this isn't in the linux port. Under Programs I go to add source -> browse and the only two options are DVD Drive or Home Folder. I tried adding the Launcher directory as a source by browsing the home folder but then when i go to Programs and go to the source xbmc just sees the folder structure, there is nothing to run.

*update* Maybe I havent been describing my problem well enough, so I screenshotted what I was talking about.
This is a picture of the main XBMC screen - http://i36.tinypic.com/majm7s.jpg
This is under programs -> add source -> browse - http://i37.tinypic.com/34snx8i.jpg
This is how I added launcher - http://i36.tinypic.com/8zljeo.jpg
This is what i see after adding the source - http://i37.tinypic.com/35879lh.jpg
This is what happens when i go to the source - http://i35.tinypic.com/14b0qwg.jpg
This is what happens when I click on launcher - http://i33.tinypic.com/348ixrm.jpg

And i do believe its installed correctly -
Quote:[email]trevor@mediapc:~/.xbmc[/email]/plugins/program$ ls
Launcher

[email]trevor@mediapc:~/.xbmc[/email]/plugins/program/Launcher$ ls
default.py default.tbn resources

[email]trevor@mediapc:~/.xbmc[/email]/plugins/program/Launcher/resources$ ls
__init__.py __init__.pyo language lib search_engines settings.xml
khornerz Wrote:Maybe it's a noob question, but,...
It's possible to use 2 instances of this plugin, one for apps, and the other one for games&emulation ?
how it can be done?

Sorry if I'm offtopic, but, If you copy the plugin to another folder, an in default.py rename ___plugin___ = "launcher" to ___plugin___= "Something else" you can use two instances of this launcher.

I've tried on ubuntu and I'm 99% sure it works.

(oh, you need to add this other plugin to favorites, too)
Quote:Ok, i guess this isn't in the linux port. Under Programs I go to add source -> browse and the only two options are DVD Drive or Home Folder. I tried adding the Launcher directory as a source by browsing the home folder but then when i go to Programs and go to the source xbmc just sees the folder structure, there is nothing to run.
I think I understand what is happening now. It looks like you are adding the Launcher as a source location and not a plugin. I'm thinking the syntax in your sources.xml is probably wrong.

Here are the steps:
  1. Install the MC360 skin
  2. FTP the Launcher plugin into your \plugins\programs folder
  3. Navigate to the Games tab of the MC360 skin

4. Select Applications
  5. Select Program Plugins
  6. You should now see your "Launcher" plugin listed here automagically
  7. Right Click/Edit Settings for "Launcher" and "Add to Favourites" Image
  8. You can now switch back to Project Mayhem Skin and use Launcher from the Favourites Menu Image
If you don't want to add it as a favorite, you can add it as a source... The key difference here (from what you might have) is the path for the plugin
Code:
plugin://programs/Launcher/

In fact, if you don't want to install the MC360 skin at all you can manually add Launcher to your sources or favorites like so:

as a source listing, edit \UserData\sources.xml and add something similar to this in the <programs> section:
Code:
<programs>
        <default></default>
        <source>
            <name>Launcher</name>
            <path>plugin://programs/Launcher/</path>
            <thumbnail>q:\UserData\Thumbnails\Programs\29e3958f.tbn</thumbnail>
        </source>
</programs>
for the favorites menu, edit \UserData\favourites.xml and add something like this (*note the British spelling):
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Launcher" thumb="q:\UserData\Thumbnails\Programs\29e3958f.tbn">ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/Launcher/)</favourite>
</favourites>
Hope that helps you get it working!

-Mic
Worked perfect, editing sources.xml did the trick for me. Thanks for setting me strait micster!
Hey, sorry if this has already been covered. Just trying to contribute here.

I'm running XBMC on Vista (working on replacing my Xbox 1 with it) and couldn't get the launcher program to run to save my life.

Ultimately, I used 1.01 and started XBMC as administrator (Right Click - Run as Administrator).

Solved my problems. Thanks. Great way to run PC games, so it'd be like an Xbox that plays games, but not Xbox games, though I'm actually working on writing a ton of macros to self install and uninstall games and and a few master control scripts for all that. The only thing missing is all the games and scripts.

I won't advertise here. I'll just say that before my house fire, I had one working. It's been a few years and I have to start over, and Vista is proving more onerous to automate. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED in the project (so I know there's an audience) or helping out, PM me.

And again, I hope my note about how to make it work in Vista helped someone.

CrasH
I am not sure if this is relevant but what I am trying to do is to use the launcher program to launch external media player for quicktime *.mov files using the quicktimeplayer.exe from my HD program folders...

How can i modify this script to launch specific filetypes in my shared network folders to run quicktime when the script is launchedHuh

Or I am completely off track here
Mshake Wrote:I am not sure if this is relevant but what I am trying to do is to use the launcher program to launch external media player for quicktime *.mov files using the quicktimeplayer.exe from my HD program folders...

How can i modify this script to launch specific filetypes in my shared network folders to run quicktime when the script is launchedHuh

Or I am completely off track here
I guess You'll need to rewrite it then.
Currently the plugin is used to launch specific files with a specific application. in order to get it to read your network folders and to let you browse the mov files and then to launch the mov file with the application, you'll have to write the plugin differently. (I even think that in your case it should be Video plugin and not Programs plugin)
Hi Guys

Hope you can help me on this...

I've installed the launcher, but when I select one of the roms I get a MAME error dialog box saying: "Error: unknown option: and"

Anyone any ideas on this?

I'm using MAMEUI32 version 0.126

Cheers

Gary
Thumbs Up 
leo2, this thing rocks. great work!
great work, ill second the vote that this should be included inside the xbmc releases.
@garywiscombe

I'm not sure if this will help but for some reason I couldn't get MAME to launch unless command line was in the mame directory. (no Idea why.) Anyway I wrote a very simple one line batch file and had launcher load that as opposed to mame.exe and it works well.

try putting this in a batch file in your MAME directory.

Echo off
C:\EMU\mame\mame.exe -skip_gameinfo -nowindow %1
exit

Hope it helps. Now all I need is to find a way for Launcher to List the real rom names for MAME as opposed to the filenae of the rom.
Hmmm.. I'm trying to use this under linux.. It all seems to work, only thing is that the launched application gets put to the background by XBMC.. I tried to do the same with a small python script:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
import os
cmd = '/root/firefox'
os.system(cmd)

but getting the same behaviour.. The executable is started but not showing up.. Any1 has this problem under linux under control?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7