• 69(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
mbolhuis Wrote:Does this mean that you want to use DVBViewer and XBMC at the same time?
I'm not familiar with DVBViewer so it is hard to help you there. But if you want to use your (launched) Program and keep using XBMC you have to change the wait state of your launcher to False. [located in Edit launcher]

Hope this will help

Maarten

Yes, I want to use both of them.
I will give it a try when I'm home.
Thanks, mate!

Tom
@ mbolhuis
@ zosky

Thank-you very much for both your inputs on the matter. I really do appreciate the time you took for those replies!

I will get back to both on you when I have tried possibly both solutions.
Actually I am running windows xbmc for my steam apps.
the live os is for my living room. Sorry for the confusion.

On a seperate matter, (sorry if this has been done before), here is how I got Google Chrome to launch, shown as a file launcher below:
Image Image

Launching chrome as a stand-alone executable will not load it's homepage. It will load it's file index, which looks nasty.
instead, get it to load your favourite websites by selecting chrome as a file launcher. you can then select its rom patch as a folder with pre-made web shortcuts.

you'd think you could just save your bookmarks (.url) but this will not work, as they are simply text shortcut files. instead, open notepad and make a html re-direct file.

example:
google:
[HTML]<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://www.google.co.uk"></HEAD>
<BODY>
</BODY>
</html>[/HTML]

by saving individual html re-direct files, you can then select chrome.exe as the launcher, and .html files as it's files, which will load the file, then immediately re-direct to the selected favourite.

here is how it appears in launchers.xml:
Code:
    <launcher>
        <name>Chrome</name>
        <application>C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath>D:\Bookmarks\</rompath>
        <romext>html</romext>
        <thumb>D:\Apps\chrome logo.jpg</thumb>
        <wait>true</wait>
        <roms>
            <rom>
                <name>Youtube</name>
                <filename>D:\Bookmarks\Youtube.html</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Google</name>
                <filename>D:\Bookmarks\Google.html</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Facebook</name>
                <filename>D:\Bookmarks\Facebook.html</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
            <rom>
                <name>Server Torrents</name>
                <filename>D:\Bookmarks\Server Torrents.html</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
My media center:
12TB Homebuilt Raid5 Server | Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid | Bose V3 lifestyle | Samsung S7 55" Slim LED TV

4 PC clients w/ xbmc (windows) - 1 w/ live
Hi there, been using your addon and love it.

I have a problem though, which is driving me nuts, does XBMC/launcher really _needs_ a network connection?

I have reinstalled XBMC without network and copied the addon folder, if I enter to Programs it will freeze with:

Loading directory
addons://sources/executable

If I hit cancel, and try to enter and try to enter to Program Add-ons it will complain there is no network.

Weird is that it doesn't matter if there is internet connection or not, just network, a NAS btw.

Thanks in advance

PS: yes, I _do_ need XBMC without network
Further testing reveals that it seems to work without problems on a windows vista laptop without networking. What a strange issue...
This plugin is no longer in development. Angelscry has taken over with a newer version: Advanced Launcher
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Angelscry Wrote:I think it is a beta problem.

I have encounter the same problem as you. All was working great under Linux, but when I was testing the launcher under Windows it has only shows me my external hard drive as source. By unpluging my external drive, all was ok...

I have first thought that it was a problem with the launcher. So, I have try to change the default browsing folder (anything but not the root directory) and it was working. But each time I have reached the windows top directory, it always show me my external drive.

Angelscry - I'm having this issue as well; Adv Launcher only sees my DVD-RW. Being that this is a laptop, it's not practical to unplug it. Do you have any other suggestions to be able to see my program files?

thx
Hi,

I really like your plugin...! I got a couple of suggestions that may help..

1.Is there a filter option to weed out clones on those roms?

i.e.
1942.zip
1942a.zip
1942h.zip
etc...

when i select the directory it make all files...what do you suggest?

2. Can it be used to scan the full name of the game?
i.e.
19XX: The War Against Destiny

Thanks
Is the launcher able to execute programs prior and after the launch of the main program?

Situation: On Windows7
I am using an Imon controller which disables itself when used at the same time with the xbox controller. Soundgraph provides a file which enables/disables the ir receiver but has to be called before i start a game which uses the xbox controller. It also has to be started after the game is closed in order to restore remote functionality.

I cna also use batch files, however they sometimes fail, especially when trying to start pc games instead of emulators.
mbbransc Wrote:Angelscry - I'm having this issue as well; Adv Launcher only sees my DVD-RW. Being that this is a laptop, it's not practical to unplug it. Do you have any other suggestions to be able to see my program files?

thx

Hey! I'm having this issue.

It's a laptop. HP COMPAQ Presario V5000. Windows XP SP2. Lots of external HDDs . XBMC Dharma and last launcher plugin.

The plugin only shows my CD to selec the app to Run.
obi_juan_ Wrote:Hey! I'm having this issue.

It's a laptop. HP COMPAQ Presario V5000. Windows XP SP2. Lots of external HDDs . XBMC Dharma and last launcher plugin.

The plugin only shows my CD to selec the app to Run.

Have you set any other sources in xbmc's file manager?
The DVD drive will automatically be available but no other source are until you add them.

Try using the new "advanced launcher" as this one is dead now
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724
I think I might be doing this wrong. I installed zsnes and another NES emulator from the terminal using sudo. Where exactly did they get installed to? I found them in usr/bin but when I go to import the files it just seems to stall and do nothing except eventually die. Any help?
I'd like to know if there is a way to suppress ir remote control inpact on xbmc
while the application is lunched
so the ir rc will impact the application lunched and not the xbmx

Tx
Hey, I'm having a problem where when I launch Launcher, it does not let me access my local directory. I can access my two NAS units that hold movies/tvshows but I can not for the life of me get it to access the home directory on the local box.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling it through the xbmc addon manager and adding a source for my local directory. I feel like there is a settings file hidden somewhere I could edit thats not being deleted when I uninstall it through the addon manager.

Anyone have any ideas?
could this be used with the apple tv 2 to start netflix from within xbmc
bladeds Wrote:could this be used with the apple tv 2 to start netflix from within xbmc

nope
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7