Bug X11 (multiple desktop) kodi is changing virtual desktop after the monitor turn off
Hello,

It is strange but after I turn off my monitor, kodi will be alway in front of other applicatication when I turn my monitor on.

Step to reproduice the problem:
  • Launch kodi on virtual screen "2"
  • put kodi in full screen mode
  • change to another virtual desktop like "1"
  • turn off the monitor or remove the HDMI cable 
  • turn on the monitor or plug the HDMI cable
  • Kodi will be on virtual desktop "1". Kodi will not stay on the virtual desktop "2". I don't know why?

For information: 
  • ​​​​​​​Change desktop command: wmctrl
  • Installation package: flatpak
  • version of Kodi: 18.7 Git:202000525-nogitfound
  • distribution: SparkyLinux (debian)
  • kernel: 5.8.0-2
  • WindowsManager Xfce
Thanks,

​​​​​​​Mannitou
(2020-10-02, 02:34)mannitou Wrote:  
  • Change desktop command: wmctrl

• Installation package: flatpak

• version of Kodi: 18.7 Git:202000525-nogitfound

• distribution: SparkyLinux (debian)

• kernel: 5.8.0-2

• WindowsManager Xfce

I have only 1 monitor. 

I open a github ticket:                   18483 (GH issue)
Kodi registers the unplug and as it cannot run without a Monitor, it switches to the remaining one. This is intended behaviour.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
While recovery to the reappearing other screen would be a feature request, while I clearly admit that as a desktop user you have certain expectations, though - the desktop use-case was not our primary use-case and therefore only basics that cover 99% of the user's needs are implemented.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-10-02, 07:56)fritsch Wrote: While recovery to the reappearing other screen would be a feature request, while I clearly admit that as a desktop user you have certain expectations, though - the desktop use-case was not our primary use-case and therefore only basics that cover 99% of the user's needs are implemented.

Thank you. It makes sense for me. if someone makes it like this, it maybe usefull to give us the chose to activate this comportement or not (optional). I will thing about how i can overright it. Today, I have a dedicated icon to put kodi at the right place. I was not expected the same result between a virtual dektop and a screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X11 (multiple desktop) kodi is changing virtual desktop after the monitor turn off0