Android Is there a way to stop the OSD controls from showing up when rewinding and FF?
Question 
I just updated to Kodi v18.8 "Leia" and find the way the "new" OSD controls show up every time you fastforward or rewind very intrusive and distracting when playing something with subtitles. Is there a way to disable them or to fastforward/rewind without triggering the OSD controls? I followed the instructions on this post but they don't seem to be applicable anymore, at least not on Android. Any help would be appreciated!
For Estuary skin, in DialogSeekBar.xml, I add the following at the end of the <visible> lines at the top of the file:

Code:
<visible>Player.ShowInfo | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

This gets rid of the OSD when skipping and paused, but shows it when FF/REWing. If you want to get rid of it for them, too, just delete the corresponding actions, i.e.

Code:
<visible>Player.ShowInfo</visible>

Note that while paused, I can still show the OSD manually. I started doing this on Windows, but it works the same on my Fire Stick 4K, which is Android.
(2020-10-10, 03:39)crawfish Wrote: For Estuary skin, in DialogSeekBar.xml, I add the following at the end of the <visible> lines at the top of the file:

Code:
<visible>Player.ShowInfo | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

This gets rid of the OSD when skipping and paused, but shows it when FF/REWing. If you want to get rid of it for them, too, just delete the corresponding actions, i.e.

Code:
<visible>Player.ShowInfo</visible>

Note that while paused, I can still show the OSD manually. I started doing this on Windows, but it works the same on my Fire Stick 4K, which is Android.
Thanks Crawfish, in the end I just went back to good ol' confluence lol. I like the layout more anyway. I'll save this in case I go back to Estuary again. Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to stop the OSD controls from showing up when rewinding and FF?0