Rating Format
So I upgraded to 4.0.5 today as I saw it came out and was hoping this was fixed.  Cashed in my coupon.

Only scraped one movie so far and it came back with an "Unknown" rating and put this in the folder and filenames per the renaming feature.

It used to not do this and simply ignored the certification field if it was unknown.  Is there a way to correct this behavior?

Havent yet determined if the "Rated" text in the field is gone yet since this one was unknown.
scraping does not have any correlation with the fix mentioned in this thread.

a) you get the certification code for your chosen country from the meta data provider (TMDB/IMDB/...). If there is nothing found (for your country from the settings), tmm shows UNKNOWN
b) reaming, NFO, ... relies on the certification which is in the tmm database - UNKNOWN in this case
c) upon formatting the certification for output in the NFO, there is now another format -> THIS is what this topic is all about...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-10-30, 12:22)mlaggner Wrote: scraping does not have any correlation with the fix mentioned in this thread.

a) you get the certification code for your chosen country from the meta data provider (TMDB/IMDB/...). If there is nothing found (for your country from the settings), tmm shows UNKNOWN
b) reaming, NFO, ... relies on the certification which is in the tmm database - UNKNOWN in this case
c) upon formatting the certification for output in the NFO, there is now another format -> THIS is what this topic is all about...

Personally, I started the topic because I wanted this program to address the issues which I left MediaCenterMaster for TMM for.

MCM constantly had this obnoxious issue with showing unknown in filenames and also putting the Rated word inside of the mpaa certifications.

When I initially switched to TMM neither of these issues happened so I was convinced it was worth it to convert.  Also, Pete over at MCM took like a 6 month break of even answering posts to the point it was ridiculous.

For some reason lately, the Rated in the certification has started happening more often with TMM.  Maybe it's fixed in 4.0.5.  Not sure yet. 

I have not seen Unknown in the renamer until upgrading to 4.0.5.  This is a new behavior.  I don't know why it's happening but its undesirable and I'd like to find a resolution for it.  I was given code previously to fix the fact that you rename 4k files to 2160p because one forum user requested this even though no one ever refers to 4k content as 2160p.  Perhaps someone can offer similar code to remove the addition of a rating in the rename if it is unknown?
(2020-10-31, 03:41)iesnik Wrote: Perhaps someone can offer similar code to remove the addition of a rating in the rename if it is unknown?

Try this in place of "${certification}":

Code:
${if movie.certification = "Unknown"}${else}${certification}${end}
Hmmm thanks.

Looks like I was already using code to do this:  

${titleSortable} [${year}] ${if !movie.certification = "not rated"}${if !movie.certification = "unknown"}${(,certification,)}${end}${end} [${if movie.mainVideoFile.videoFormat = "2160p"}4K${else}${videoFormat}${end}]

Did something change in this version to break this detection?  Is it case sensitive now?
Looks like it's about case. Try "Unknown" in place of "unknown" in your code.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rating Format0