Release TVDB (new) - Python TV Show Scraper
Kodi can create its own NFO (wiki) files via scraping and then export. That is our supported way of exporting and backing up your data and database.

Media managers can also create them, but in some cases they are partially (or in a few, completely) incompatible with Kodi. It varies depending on the 3rd party manager app used, but as they are not Kodi products we do not support or guarantee them or their usage.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2022-01-11, 22:15)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 16:54)flhthemi Wrote: I got an issue with the Series Kenan. Season 2 is all hosed up. I have the proper names for each episode file but when added to the library the episodes all all wrong.
Debug Log and link to the show. Thanks

Kenan problem solved. Think it was TVDB problem I removed it from my library again this morning and scanned it back in and now it's correct.
Thanks Karellen!
(2022-01-12, 10:00)DarrenHill Wrote: Kodi can create its own NFO (wiki) files via scraping and then export. That is our supported way of exporting and backing up your data and database.

Media managers can also create them, but in some cases they are partially (or in a few, completely) incompatible with Kodi. It varies depending on the 3rd party manager app used, but as they are not Kodi products we do not support or guarantee them or their usage.

I have done the Export but it has not created any .NFO Files
(2022-01-15, 06:29)Vodka2 Wrote: I have done the Export but it has not created any .NFO Files

So is there a file rights/write problem on the location of your video source? Is your video source set to readonly?
(2022-01-15, 06:49)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-01-15, 06:29)Vodka2 Wrote: I have done the Export but it has not created any .NFO Files

So is there a file rights/write problem on the location of your video source? Is your video source set to readonly?

Thanks for the reply. What is the user that should be having access and i will go check. I am going from CoreElec -> Synology where the data is on.
Synology how? With a SMB or NFS connection? Either one should be set 'writable' for the Syno user that you set up on the NAS, otherwise writing nfo files or subtitles for example will be a problem.
(2022-01-15, 07:11)Klojum Wrote: Synology how? With a SMB or NFS connection? Either one should be set 'writable' for the Syno user that you set up on the NAS, otherwise writing nfo files or subtitles for example will be a problem.

I have checked and it is Read/Write as well as the groups that inherited the rights.
When you did the export, did you do individual files or single file? You need to be doing the former to get NFO (wiki) files created.

As @Klojum mentioned, write access to where the media is stored is also required, as the files are created in the same directories as the media is hosted.

One way to double-check is to use the file manager in Kodi and use that to try and copy a test file to the source folder where the media is (beside the media while, where the NFO (wiki) file should be placed). That will fully confirm if Kodi has suitable write access to the directory or not.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2022-01-15, 11:16)DarrenHill Wrote: When you did the export, did you do individual files or single file? You need to be doing the former to get NFO (wiki) files created.

As @Klojum mentioned, write access to where the media is stored is also required, as the files are created in the same directories as the media is hosted.

One way to double-check is to use the file manager in Kodi and use that to try and copy a test file to the source folder where the media is (beside the media while, where the NFO (wiki) file should be placed). That will fully confirm if Kodi has suitable write access to the directory or not.

Ah thanks will go test that out. Thanks both
This scraper doesn't work properly.

Example TV show: Wellington Paranormal. I just added episode 4x01 yesterday. The scraper doesn't find it on a general run over all sources. When re-scraping the complete show (TV show => Information => Refresh), the episode is added but without IMDB rating. When rescraping just this episode (Episode => Information => Refresh), it disappears again. When trying to update the rating manuelly via the addon "Light IMDB ratings update" one can see that no IMDB id has been assigned the episode, just the TVDB id of "9001562". After manually adding the IMDB id "tt14887130" in this addon dialogue, the rating is updated to the current value on IMDB "8.1".

It's like this for many of my TV shows, no new episodes are found on a run over the source.
(2022-02-19, 11:32)HeresJohnny Wrote: that no IMDB id has been assigned the episode
Because no-one added the IMDB ID at TVDB

(2022-02-19, 11:32)HeresJohnny Wrote: The scraper doesn't find it on a general run over all sources
Need a Debug Log.
But this addon is no longer maintained. Try the new TVDB scraper which is yet to be officially released... https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.tvsh...n/releases
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-02-19, 12:12)Karellen Wrote: Because no-one added the IMDB ID at TVDB
/
I just had a look at https://thetvdb.com/series/wellington-paranormal , there's a link there to IMDB. Is something else needed? If so, I will check against all my TV shows and add missing data.
(2022-02-19, 14:17)HeresJohnny Wrote: there's a link there to IMDB
Yep, for the main tv show, but you said for S04E01 "the episode is added but without IMDB rating"
There is no imdb link for s04e01 at tvdb, so LightIMDB can't find the rating.
You can change the Ratings update mode in Light IMDB settings to Season type. Less accurate, but ovecomes missing episode IMDB ID's
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I was under the impression that a crawler would just need the show IMDB ID and crawl the seasons/episodes from there since the structure is the same all over IMDB.... obviously I was wrong. I learned something, thanks.
While scraping a few TV shows shows I realized that for some shows episode ratings are not scraped despite the TVDB entry linking to the correct IMDb pages:

Snowfall S05E10 example

https://thetvdb.com/series/snowfall/episodes/8899413

http://ix.io/3XoJ

Could you please take a look? Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I'm aware that this addon is no longer maintained but I would still like to know what's wrong while the new official addon is not available yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB (new) - Python TV Show Scraper0