New AEON soon?
it is a bit quiet around the aeon 14/15. So whats on with aeon? DJH maybe you can tell us on what you are working on? Better Weather channel? Bug-cleaning? Something exiting new?
I hope AEON is still alive!
I think Duncan planned to release an update over the weekend so I wouldn't think it's too far away.
I am actually in no hurry to see anything new. I have been using it on my every day media center since 14 came out and all is still good. I think one of the svn builds might have messed something up though. I occasionally get a white screen and have to restart xbmc. Other than that I could not be happier.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
I'll get round to addressing a few bugs once I've got this work out of the way. Haven't had much time to really look over the bug threads and write a list.

A new Aeon, did someone ask? You have no idea...
Wow. Sounds tantalizing.

Days? Weeks?
djh is a proper tantalizer...
i´m a bit afraid that AEON Development could stop.
I like every new bit of it. In this Forum are many requests about AEON an if i would be the developer of AEON it would be a bit to much.

I respekt the work of DJH.

you think my english is worst? see me drive.
No way, I forsee great things in the AEON future.Cool
xb2iris Wrote:djh is a proper tantalizer...
He should go work for Micro$oft.

"It'll be so cool when you finally get it...."
No No not M$ not for selling his soul.
Better for Apple. Redesign the AppleTV OS.
So, whats going on. Discovered at last the MediaStream Skin and hey it looks good and is very usable. but how can aeon skin and mediastream come together? what would it look like? i read in an other thread that DJH and the makers of Mediastream would work together? So many Questions.
tjost Wrote:So, whats going on. Discovered at last the MediaStream Skin and hey it looks good and is very usable. but how can aeon skin and mediastream come together? what would it look like? i read in an other thread that DJH and the makers of Mediastream would work together? So many Questions.

Not the makers of Mediastream actually just theDevil -

djh_ Wrote:All I'll say is that while development hasn't stopped on Aeon, it is moving on from what you're using at the moment. I'm working with the guy you know as theDeviL, creator of Fluid. Our goal is to breed the Aeon concept with his skills and vision to create the best skin in the world. We'll keep you posted on every major update with screenshots etc, but for the moment we're still tossing ideas back and forth and seeing what's best and what's possible.

The good news is that we're seeing a 1:1 turnaround of concept to code within a day for most of the designs we've tried out. The advantage of doing Aeon for a year is that nothing's really a secret anymore on the code front, so we can focus energy on what really counts: the design. Sorry to anyone expecting incremental updates to "classic" Aeon. All I can say is that your patience will be rewarded. Also, any content you collect for Aeon like backdrops and nfos will be very much accommodated by its successor.
I need to make something explicit when posting this: what you see here is realtime and boasts the full gamut of animation, etc, but is not final. It's not even to be considered a faithful representation of what Aeon's about to become. I'm making it public simply to allay any fears that we're sat on our arses and to give you some insight into how we're doing things. A lot of concepts are being devised, realised, modified and discarded to ensure that this new Aeon arrives complete and in the best possible shape. This, then, is just one of several prototypes we're messing around with and signifies nothing, not even necessarily a direction. Hopefully, though, it gives you a slight impression of the quality bar that's been set and our desire to keep you "in the loop" over the coming weeks. Just think: if this is from the reject bin, what does that bode for the production model?

Thats good to hear and i´ll wait for upcoming releases. If you need a Tester for your Skin, i have a macmini and a iMac with PLEX and of course a original XBOX with T3CH Build
ahh DJH... WOW

Like you said, this concept, if THIS good, speaks volumes of what we can look forward to in the future Big Grin

Can I just say a big THANKYOU for deciding to keep up posted with occasional updates... even if we have to wait a while for the final product, it's always nice to know what's going on, keeps the anticipation fresh and whets our appetite to see what the future will bring.

I have to say this next revision of Aeon, even from that one shot, looks exciting!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New AEON soon?0