Goom breaks compilation on AMD64
Hi,

First of all I'm not autoconf, configure etc. guru Smile so patch below may be not the best solution of the problem. Anyway - recently Goom was added to standard build procedure:

http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...sion=14830

That breaks build on AMD64. It compiles fine but during linking stage it complains about goom that it needs to be compiled with -fPIC. So below is patch that fixes this problem. I don't know if it's the correct way to fix this but it works Smile After running autoconf to rebuild configure of course.

I tested this on AMD64 platform. I don't have any 32 bit machine to test it.

Code:
--- /home/szwagros/sources/XBMC/configure.in    2008-08-11 23:32:22.000000000 +0200
+++ /home/szwagros/sources/XBMC_work/configure.in    2008-08-11 22:36:26.000000000 +0200
@@ -475,7 +475,7 @@
XB_CONFIG_MODULE([xbmc/lib/libass], [CFLAGS=-fPIC ./configure])
XB_CONFIG_MODULE([xbmc/lib/libid3tag/libid3tag],[CFLAGS=-O3 ./configure --disable-static --disable-debugging --with-pic])
XB_CONFIG_MODULE([xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM/libprojectM],[rm -f CMakeCache.txt && CC="" CXX="" cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=RelWithDebInfo -D USE_FTGL:BOOL=OFF .])
-XB_CONFIG_MODULE([xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0],[./configure --disable-shared --enable-static])
+XB_CONFIG_MODULE([xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0],[CFLAGS=-fPIC ./configure --disable-shared --enable-static])
XB_CONFIG_MODULE([xbmc/screensavers/rsxs-0.9/], [CFLAGS=-fPIC CXXFLAGS=-fPIC ./configure --without-xscreensaver --disable-sound --disable-cyclone --disable-fieldlines --disable-flocks --disable-flux --disable-helios --disable-hyperspace --disable-lattice --disable-skyrocket])

AC_OUTPUT

Hope it helps.

Adam
Hehe sorry, forgot to commit that change last night.
Goom is also failing to build on my debian box because ylwrap is missing. It can be added with a --add-missing, if you can make the commit Smile

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/htpc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
cd . && automake-1.10 --foreign
configure.in: required file `./ylwrap' not found
configure.in: `automake --add-missing' can install `ylwrap'
thanks!
xmltok Wrote:Goom is also failing to build on my debian box because ylwrap is missing. It can be added with a --add-missing, if you can make the commit Smile

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/htpc/XBMC/xbmc/visualizations/Goom/goom2k4-0'
cd . && automake-1.10 --foreign
configure.in: required file `./ylwrap' not found
configure.in: `automake --add-missing' can install `ylwrap'

where exactly did you patch?
cause i can add --add-missing everywhere i want, i still get the error.
Sheep Wrote:where exactly did you patch?
cause i can add --add-missing everywhere i want, i still get the error.
Same here. Trying to compile, and I get this error.
Sorry, that only fixed it on 32bit. I have the same problem with AMD64.
I actually have the same problem and I'm till trying to fix it.
Be sure that you have yacc installed. For Ubuntu, that means running "apt-get install bison".
I had the same problem, installing bison did not fix it for me.
I just copied in the ylwrap file from the automake1.10 directory, that solved it for me Smile
Quote:I just copied in the ylwrap file from the automake1.10 directory

Where did you copy the ylwrap file to?
Ubuntu 8.10, Intel C2D E8400 @ 3GHz (stock), GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2H (nvidia 630i/7100) HDMI, On Board Video, 2Gig RAM, Generic MCE USB receiver
----------------------
it's in svn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Goom breaks compilation on AMD641