How to disable subs?
This is a really stupid question, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out...
Running the latest build, it seems the subtitles are always on, for every movie, how do I disable subtitles?
Video OSD -> change to NO SUBS -> Save for all movies
I apologize now if this is another stupid question, but I can't figure out how to turn them off either. I'm new to XBMC, and am using it on a Vista 64-bit computer, as well as on another XP computer.

I can't seem to get to the Video OSD that has the NO SUBS option. If I click on the menu button of the controller while the movie is playing, I get the Video Settings screen that starts with Interlaced Handling. If I right click on the source I get the menu that starts with Edit Source. Neither seem to have an option for turning off the subtitles.

Any help is really appreciated.
While playing a movie hit the 'm' on your keyboard or hover your mouse until the green highlighted osd display appears. click on the audio looking icon to bring up audio options, scroll down the list and disable subtitles, chose save for all movies if you wish.

TC
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
This may be a silly thought, so feel free to say so.

I've always thought it funny that you had to go into a movie and bring up the OSD to change that particular setting. My first thought was always to look in the subtitles area of the video settings.

Why not just have a global, "Disable Subtitles" option there?

Thoughts?
unnecessary duplication of a setting -> stupid idea
spiff Wrote:unnecessary duplication of a setting -> stupid idea

LOL! Spiff, is this a toggle setting that can be keymapped to a button?
yes. showsubtitles
Excellent, thanks!
spiff Wrote:unnecessary duplication of a setting -> stupid idea

*crawls back into the hole from whence he came*
press "t"

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Thanks for the help, I was assuming that this was for the audio control, and I always figured I was missing something in the subtitles area of the video settings.

Works great now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable subs?0