Upcoming XBMC 'Atlantis' release - feature freeze
Today Team XBMC has officially hit a feature freeze in anticipation of an upcoming stable release of XBMC, codenamed 'Atlantis'. Atlantis will be released on Linux, Windows, OS X and Xbox simultaneously in about 2 months time. You may track progress here.

In order to make this release as stable as possible, we will need your help in testing and reporting bugs in trac. We'd also appreciate any and all assistance in making sure the online manual is as up to date as possible.

An "alpha 3" release for all platforms will be released shortly. We would like to encourage our users to use this release instead of SVN when reporting bugs.

Team XBMC
and PLEASE guys....dont go thinking that with Atlantis you can use the media center under water...because you CAN'T. it's just a name Big Grin
MikeBeecham Wrote:and PLEASE guys....dont go thinking that with Atlantis you can use the media center under water...because you CAN'T. it's just a name Big Grin

You could however install it on an xbox in your submarine.
If you have one that is.

The submarine, not the xbox...

Good luck guys, a new official release in quite a long time will give xbmc the attention it deserves. I'll be submitting news tips about the release to several websites when the moment is there for sure Wink
Guerilla marketing ftw Tongue
Maybe it should be !Atlantis... as we are ready to break the surface Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
its about time you guys do something around here, has there been 1 update since last stable release? jeez
Great news! if you need any network issues looking at I'd be happy to help... Smile but I guess you'd pretty much have that covered Sad

Just hope this is not the last round for my Xbox thou! Sad
Am I correct in thinking that all the bugs in the Trac list are going to be looked at before a stable version is released?
Looked at, yes.
Resolved, hopefully but no promises.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I love XBMC, it`s the best media center ever! The one problem is that i cannot use it... It`s still being developed for the obsolete device which cannot handle HD - Xbox. That`s why using XMBC isnt an option for me Sad

Tell me please. Is it ever possible there will be a relase for Xbox 360? Are you ever going to support new generation devices (PS 3 / Xbox 360) which lets do HD?
Wtf? Read the bloody announcement
lol in the second line it says "Linux, Mac, Windows".

I was under the impression that the porting of xbmc to other OS' was very shaky at the moment. Is team-xbmc confident that the port of xbmc to the Linux, Mac and Windows will be 100% stable (and feature-complete) in "just" 2 months?

Also, is there a preferred linux OS?
batman91 Wrote:lol in the second line it says "Linux, Mac, Windows".

I was under the impression that the porting of xbmc to other OS' was very shaky at the moment. Is team-xbmc confident that the port of xbmc to the Linux, Mac and Windows will be 100% stable (and feature-complete) in "just" 2 months?

Also, is there a preferred linux OS?

Buddy, you should try out the Windows version. Suffice to say that I have been using MediaPortal for over 2 years on my MediaPC hooked to my LCD TV and absolutely loved it. During the last 2 years, I have experimented with others but none took me away from MediaPortal, that is, until I tried the Windows version of XBMC this past late June. It is simply fantastic, fast, does HD, rich in features, and gorgeous! Needless to say, my MediaPC nows runs XBMC exclusively! Love it, love it, love it! Check it out!
im downlaoding the alpha3 build for windows at the moment Smile i ooked at the wiki and ubuntu seems to be the linux of choice, so I'll probably be cheking that out as well.
And now we will have to calm spiff down again Smile.

As it has been stated earlier, neither PS/3 or XBOX360 are fully open plattforms.
Therefore current development is focused on Linux, Win32 and osX. There you have three diffrent enviroments. It's your choise wich one you likes best but all three can do HD with the right HW
batman91 Wrote:Is team-xbmc confident that the port of xbmc to the Linux, Mac and Windows will be 100% stable (and feature-complete) in "just" 2 months?
We are aiming for stable (not feature complete) for this release. The plan is then to try do two regular 'stable' official releases every year for all platforms, (one October and one in April), see:
http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap

batman91 Wrote:Also, is there a preferred linux OS?
Yes, Ubuntu is currently the only Linux distobution that officially supported, see:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35530
and of course http://xbmc.org/download

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upcoming XBMC 'Atlantis' release - feature freeze0