Upcoming XBMC 'Atlantis' release - feature freeze
thanks for the info gamester.
I am not exactlly sure how to report bugs. If I search Trac and I believe it is an unreported bug. Should I post it on trac or the forums first?

Also when reporting a new bug what should I supply. I assume description of bug, how to replicate it, pastebin log but what else?

Should I put system specs?
Preferrably validate it as an actual, new bug on the forum first.
(See the link in my and any other team member signature for info on how to report bugs)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
See the link in my sig.

You basically have the idea though - everything you can possibly think of that *might* be useful should be included Smile

If you're not sure it's a bug, or are having trouble getting a reproducible test case, post to forums. If you can reproduce without issue, post to trac with all the information you that a developer will need to also reproduce. A debug log is generally a requirement before we start looking, and ofcourse full version information.

System specifications aren't an issue unless you think that they're the cause of the problem (and if so, post to forums first).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

FlimtotheFlam Wrote:I am not exactlly sure how to report bugs. If I search Trac and I believe it is an unreported bug. Should I post it on trac or the forums first?

Also when reporting a new bug what should I supply. I assume description of bug, how to replicate it, pastebin log but what else?

Should I put system specs?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Submi...Bug_Report
The announcement kinda implies that all versions across all platforms will be similar - is that how I am supposed to understand?

But as far as I know, the Xbox version uses Mplayer which is great for me for the occasional shows in proprietary codecs such as rv40, realmedia but the windows/linux/mac uses 'proprietary' xbmc player and ffmpeg and therefore no such loading is possible nor is there any plans to support the likes of real

I believe this question has popped up numerous times but since this announcement, for me personally i might jump to conclusions that the version in-waiting for the next 2 months might be similar across all platforms? and therefore either xbox will cease to use Mplayer and therefore no more 3rd party proprietary win32 dll loading ?

Is this the case?
maybe xbmc's own dvdplayer will do the loading and an option to call whatever external player there is? Smile

anyway cheers for the update Smile looking forward to them soon

From a user point of view and if i put myself in your shoe, in hindsight it might be best to tell the world of the intention of a simultaneous release in 2 months but to give an ETA simply 'guarantees' you guys some posts about 'when/where' in 2 months time!
no, we won't kill off mplayer on xbox
Mshake Wrote:The announcement kinda implies that all versions across all platforms will be similar - is that how I am supposed to understand?
No, the different platforms will not be feature compatible with each other. What a "feature freeze" does imply is that no additional features will be added, (not to any of the platforms). What you see in the 'Atlantis' Alpha release is feature-/function-wise what you will get in the final version that will be released in about 2-months from now. Not sure how to make that any clearer.

Only bug-fixed will be added now, so please submit bug-reports to Trac if you want a stable final release.
thanks for clearing that up.
Some things might be clear to developers but for a mere mortal like myself, it may sound silly or stupid but cool thanks for that again.

Looking forward to it. Smile
And I do agree to a great extend that Mplayer is the greatest but also the primary reason why no one has bothered to reverse engineer those proprietary codecs to be used in ffmpeg.....
HI! Love this new build, but i have som problems with playing off videos...it only showing in top left corner . I have a ATI Readon 550/600. It works fine in Build XBMCSetup - Rev14125. TNXLaugh
espengaasemyr Wrote:HI! Love this new build, but i have som problems with playing off videos...it only showing in top left corner . I have a ATI Readon 550/600. It works fine in Build XBMCSetup - Rev14125. TNXLaugh

Why are you posting in multiple locations. This is not the right place or the right etiquette.

On top of that, read the FAQ on how to post a proper report.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

It's not xbmc without kai to me xbmp just died Sad it was a all in one center, it was complete now there is something missing <xbox version> people complained it as buggy and didnt work, but it worked fine for me, i will not be upgrading to newer versions of xbmc unless someone comes out with like a addon pack where you can like install it after the new install you know what i mean? oh-well.
Well, if you are interested in maintaining Kai, then please do! Nothing is stopping you from doing so.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

easier said than done, id like to get the new versions of xbmc but i want kai also, but there is no faq or tutorial on how to import/install kai on a version of xbmc that doesnt have it included.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upcoming XBMC 'Atlantis' release - feature freeze0