Solved Cover/Poster view blurred
Hello everybody,
I can't get any further. I am using the Aeon Nox Skin from Silvo and after the automatic scraping with TMDB I have blurred posters. I also tried the Universal Movie Scraper. There the posters/covers are blurred too. Only when I manually select another one, it is sharp.

Do any of you have an idea what this could be due to?

Just for the sake of completeness. I have an Odroid-N2 with Coreelec 9.2.4.2 and Kodi 18.8. The skin used is Aeon Nox Silvo.

I am afraid it might be due to the skin?

Thanks in advance for your help
Dirk

PS: It is not the skin. I have the same result with the standard Kodi Skin.
With blurred I mean a low resolution of the cover/poster
Does nobody have an idea? Sad
No not really.

Post a screenshot so we can see how bad the image is.

Provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping a tv show that gives you bad artwork. You might have to remove it from the library first then rescrape.

If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-10-27, 07:39)Delgado Wrote: Hello everybody,
I can't get any further. I am using the Aeon Nox Skin from Silvo and after the automatic scraping with TMDB I have blurred posters. I also tried the Universal Movie Scraper. There the posters/covers are blurred too. Only when I manually select another one, it is sharp.

Do any of you have an idea what this could be due to?

Just for the sake of completeness. I have an Odroid-N2 with Coreelec 9.2.4.2 and Kodi 18.8. The skin used is Aeon Nox Silvo.

I am afraid it might be due to the skin?

Thanks in advance for your help
Dirk

PS: It is not the skin. I have the same result with the standard Kodi Skin.
TMDb has no hard size limits for images, like FanArt.tv. Therefore, what is loaded for your language is loaded.
@Karellen 
Hallo,
hier der Screenshot nach dem scrapen
und so kann es aussehen, wenn ich es manuell auswähle (nicht das gleiche, ein anderes)
@Karellen,
sorry, here again in English Blush

Hello,
here the screenshot after the scraping
and this is what it can look like when I select it manually (not the same, a different one)
Thanks I need the Debug Log also
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen 
Sorry, I tried out a lot of things with Kodi yesterday and simply forgot the Debug Log.

I have found my problem.

My old movie folder structure is still in the format of my old DVico/TViX media player. There I always had a folder.jpg and a tvix.jpg in the folder where the movie is located.
And it is quite obvious that he takes the folder.jpg (which is lowres) and does not download it again. That is probably my problem.

Is there a possibility that this folder.jpg should not be taken and the scraper downloads a new cover?
(2020-10-28, 08:05)Delgado Wrote: Is there a possibility that this folder.jpg should not be taken and the scraper downloads a new cover?
Unfortunately not. You will need to remove the folder.jpg files and rescrape your movie.
My Signature
Pity, but thanks for your help.

And what if I rename the file to folder.ico. Would Kodi then ignore this file?
(2020-10-28, 10:46)Delgado Wrote: And what if I rename the file to folder.ico. Would Kodi then ignore this file?
Yes. ico is not a recognised extension in Kodi.
My Signature
@Karellen 
Thanks, I'll try it later.
It worked. The folder.jpg in all directories deleted. For my old mediaplayer TViX/DVico the folder.ico is enough and the scraper downloads the cover again. This is what I wanted.

Many thanks to everyone here who helped.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cover/Poster view blurred0