XBMC (Atlantis) for Windows - Alpha 3 release - Please report all bugs to Trac
thx, filing a trac ticket now.
Does anybody have the problem when I search for Movie fanart and I select a remote one from moviebackdrops.com it adds the movie to TV Shows.

Example: I scrape fanart for Sin City. I select the one I want. I go to Tv Shows, and a new Show comes up as Sin City but theres nothing in it.

It does this for every movie I download fanart for through XBMC.

Is anybody else experiencing this?
Fresh installed XP Media Center SP3 and then installed Atlantis. Installation went fine, but when I go to launch XBMC it immediately crashes. I tried earlier SVN versions and the same thing happens. Am I missing something?

P.S. - I had earlier SVN versions working fine on the same computer
rausch101
just install XP pro
Then I'd have to get 3rd party media software to watch TV with again. As embarrassing as it is, I've tried every one out there and failed every time.

No fixes?
I can say for sure it isn't Media Centre causeing your issue rausch101, I have it working fine on my MCE 2005 setup.
Thanks for this update
But always the same problem for me : AC3 not listenning correctly, only stereo sound....... Sorry, this is the only point which is that I have not switched to XBMC.... maybe in the next release?
Continue the good work Smile
rausch101 Wrote:Fresh installed XP Media Center SP3 and then installed Atlantis. Installation went fine, but when I go to launch XBMC it immediately crashes. I tried earlier SVN versions and the same thing happens. Am I missing something?

P.S. - I had earlier SVN versions working fine on the same computer

I had exactly the same problem when I switched to MCE 2005. All the SVN versions were crashing at startup. In my case for some strange reason MCE didnt install graphic card properly. I removed GPU in windows device manager and installed it again. Works without problems now.
Thanks for the input minimalko. Now that you mention it, I actually hadn't installed my video card drivers yet. I'm gonna assume that's the problem, but won't be able to check for a few days. Thanks again!
Smile 
jeb4workaround Wrote:I have similar problems. after about 10 a 20 minutes playing a movie xbmc stops. I also use a smb share to play the movie files. I experienced this problem also in the 2 previous releases of xbmc.
I use an Dell sx280.

i had a similar problem but i think my "solution" to it may also help you in this situation

in my situation i'm running vista ultimate 32bit w/ xbmc on the boot drive (ie: c:\Program Files\XBMC) and playing x264 720p/1080p content from 2 separate HDDs. all are sata

in vista the default power setting (for a desktop pc at least) turns off hdds after 20 mins. if i would pause a movie for more than 20 mins i was unable to continue playback because of what i believe can only be related to the drive being powered down in the background

setting the "Turn hard disk off after" option to "Never" in ctrl panel > power options fixed this problem for me - perhaps this would fix your issue if you were to do this on the machine you're making the smb connection to?

this just sounded too similar for me not to say anything Smile

this is my first post here i look forward to making more contributions where ever i can in the future

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC (Atlantis) for Windows - Alpha 3 release - Please report all bugs to Trac1