scrollbar for textbox in script?
Hi,
I'm trying to learn about XBMC scripting, but it's hard because of the distributed portions of information and the different concepts ("plain" xbmcgui or guibuilder.py or windowxml) for the gui... However, what would be the best way to have a textbox with a scrollbar whithin a script?

regards KC85/3
Maybe if you explain what exactly you plan on archiving, the big picture.

...like are you making a plugin or a script, what will be its purpose? Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
to learn I'd like to create a script to display text files loaded from the web. In general I know what to do but I'm unsure which gui concept (guibuilder, windowxml,...) to use and I don't like the spin buttons for textboxesWink so I'd prefere a scrollbar whithin the script...

regards
If you want a scrollbar, then winxml is the only way to do it, so that solves your dilemma Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You really need to be aiming for your script to be skin based, using WindowXML.

If you look at 'T3CH Upgrader' script you will find a 'text displayer' skin that's now been adapted for over a dozen xbmc skins, called 'script-bbb-textbox.xml' (with scrollbars).

An alternative ready made XML that comes with all skins is 'DialogScriptInfo.xml', which displays text from script output. Unfortunately it always shows its own hardcoded title ($LOCALIZE[262] meaning 'Script Info') - If there's a way of overridding that xbmc language string (then restoring it) then it would be perfect for the job?

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
if that label has a unique id, just set it inside the script after you load it.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
unfortunately, the control doesn't have an ID Sad( so I was wondering if theres a builtin that allows you to change a string ID ?
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scrollbar for textbox in script?0