XBMC (Atlantis) for Linux - Alpha 3 release - Please report all bugs to Trac
wattazoum Wrote:Are you sure you are running the right version ? cause this was the problem in the last alpha3 .

Try to use :
Code:
dpkg-query -W xbmc
to get the version . It should be 8.10a3-hardy1

I already replied to tslayer in e-mail about this but just in case anyone else runs the into my situation:

I did get it to work by updating with the SVN PPA after several attempts to do it with the Hardy PPA kept reloading the broken version... I guess I don't get what those are supposed to update.
Could have fooled me. I didn't get any email.

Oh well...

I'll close the ticket you opened on trac.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:Could have fooled me. I didn't get any email.

Oh well...

I'll close the ticket you opened on trac.

Hmmm, that's odd, it's in my sent box and I didn't get any bounce back.

Yeah, all working now.
Maybe my email is wrong.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
althekiller Wrote:Wattazoum, please build all alpha and beta releases with debugging enabled (ie. do NOT pass --disable-debug to configure). These builds are for the team to improve XBMC and users cannot provide us with useful backtraces if the binary doesn't include debug symbols.

They were not disabled, they were in a separate package :xbmc-common-dbg .
Anyway, I have updated the packages to include them in the xbmc-common package. I'll separate them back for the final release.

Want a clean no-ads paste bin? http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/
Woah, after the last update compiz + xbmc finally work together Smile
(xbmc 8.10a4-hardy2)
That's weird, cause hardy2 source code is the same as hardy1. it's just a new dependency that was added.

Want a clean no-ads paste bin? http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/
Hey Wattazoum,

first off, great work on this. I am up and running and all seems grand. I am o a asus m3n-78VM with an Nvidia 8200 chipset WHICH is only suppose to be working the FED9 and 2.6.25-5. I have full support running Hardy on the stock kernel other than the sound and sp/dif output. I installed an x-plosion 7.1 with alsa 1.0.17 and recompiled with the c-media modules.

I have perfect dvd playback with pass through from the dvd drive and network is just fine. I have not dropped the new machine inside my LMCE network yet to put it on the LMCE workgroup as I am trying to figure out how to setup this machine as a LMCE device controlled via IR and LAN. That;s another story.

Anyhow, I am trying to setup the Start and Kill scripts and neither are working and I am pretty sure it has to do with the paths to launch.

I notice the start and kill scripts are using the build directory and I installed via PPA so I am wondering what I should change those paths to in the scripts files.

of course these are the scripts to which I am referring.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30230

TIA,

Dave
rodercot Wrote:Hey Wattazoum,

first off, great work on this. I am up and running and all seems grand. I am o a asus m3n-78VM with an Nvidia 8200 chipset WHICH is only suppose to be working the FED9 and 2.6.25-5. I have full support running Hardy on the stock kernel other than the sound and sp/dif output. I installed an x-plosion 7.1 with alsa 1.0.17 and recompiled with the c-media modules.

I have perfect dvd playback with pass through from the dvd drive and network is just fine. I have not dropped the new machine inside my LMCE network yet to put it on the LMCE workgroup as I am trying to figure out how to setup this machine as a LMCE device controlled via IR and LAN. That;s another story.

Anyhow, I am trying to setup the Start and Kill scripts and neither are working and I am pretty sure it has to do with the paths to launch.

I notice the start and kill scripts are using the build directory and I installed via PPA so I am wondering what I should change those paths to in the scripts files.

of course these are the scripts to which I am referring.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30230

TIA,

Dave

Got it working. Thanks. If anyone else is trying this I used the scripts from the link in the previous post in the startxbmc script I changed the path to /usr/bin/xbmc and in the kill script I changed all the XboxMediaCenter instances to xbmc and it starts and kills just fine from the buttons configured in .lircrc.

THXWink

Dave
Hey all,

FS 1920x1080P .mkv and .ts files are playing back just fine. I am getting some small artifacts (snow) no lagging or lip syncing issues. Heck - I even have an .mkv file that I renamed to .m2ts and it plays fine as is.

This machine is connected to my Denon via HDMI for Video I have not got the audio to work yet with it. So I am using optical passthrough from a plug-in card. This is with a M3N78-VM with the latest NVIDIA 173.14.12 drivers I set the machine up with Hardy stock kernal configure lirc etc on analog VGA. Plugged the machine into my rcvr setup the inputs on the rcvr and booted and voila 1080p 1920x1080. I did not even have to touch the xorg.conf file.

Great Work Devs.

THX,

Dave
What happened to the PPA SVN builds? Looks like the last one was on august 8th..

http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/u...dy/Release
analogue Wrote:What happened to the PPA SVN builds? Looks like the last one was on august 8th..
We are currently in a feature freeze http://trac.xbmc.org/milestone/8.10
http://xbmc.org/blog/2008/08/24/xbmc-atl...-released/

Please use the Alpha (and later Beta and Release Candidate releases) and report any bugs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC (Atlantis) for Linux - Alpha 3 release - Please report all bugs to Trac1