Logitech DiNovo Mini, the ultimate keyboard, mouse, and remote combination for XBMC?
Question 
I picked up teh logitech DiNovo Mini today, and I have to say it is prooving out to be the best buy I have ever made for my media center.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboa...8&cl=us,en

The DiNovo is a small blue tooth enabled keyboard and mouse. The mouse is a track pad that has 2 modes. In the first mode in XBMC the tack pad acts like the D-Pad does in XBMC xbox. In the second mode it is a mouse controller. It has a built in battery and battery life is good (have not drained it yet, let you know in a few days).

Here are some screens from the logitech website.

Last but not least I have used it as a fairly decent game pad...

Ask your question I will see if I can answer.

Bone
here is a couple YouTube vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iRpKAwYRTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iRpKAwYRTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL2VJoxzF...re=related
These guys need to learn some design lessons. Putting a lid on a remote controller (or putting one that can't be either completely removed or completely folded under) is ridiculous.

Other than that, it looks pretty cool.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I don't find the lid to be a problem and you can remove it. The only thing I don't like so far is that you have to hold down the function key and click left mouse to get the right mouse button. It's a bit of a pain.

Bone
If the lid can be removed then that's not an issue.

How much is this thing? What's the battery life like? You can use the pad as a dpad I think instead though, right?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have the full Dinovo Edge and when it works it works great. The problem is breaks all the time. It just randomly disconnects and quits working. You have to turn it off and turn it back on. It happens A LOT.
How are the keys? Are they really tiny? I have big hands and I think I would have trouble typing on it. Although, I wouldn't be typing any novels or anything anyway but just the same I am really happy with my gyration gyromouse/mini keyboard setup. The mini keyboard is small but they just saved space around the edges. The keys and layout are pretty much standard size. What is the price point on this thing?
it says in the manual that it lasts 30 days on a charge... i will be happy if it can go a week. as far as durability and connection loss. I have not run into any problems yet, i will keep you posted.

Bone
I have middle to large hands and i am typing faster than i do on a text messege device. I am not touch typing for sure, but it is fast enough. the keypad feels pretty good,its not spongy at all and you can feel the keys click. The price was cheaper than a high end wireless keyboard/mouse and more expensive than a cheap one. i paid 150$.

Bone
It's like a blackberry keyboard, very comfortable + touchpad mouse switches to directional pad for navigating in XBMC at the flip of a switch.
Keyboard is wireless and keypad is backlit so that you don't need to turn up the lights to see the keypad.
Very comfortable, a little pricey $138-$150, but my wife has signed off on it for ease of use Nod
Has anyone with one of these configured the media control (play, forward back, stop) to work with XBMC yet? If so can you upload your keymap?
If only MS would come up with a PC chatpad driver I think this would kick its ar$e: Big Grin

cheers,

crazyivan
akmofo Wrote:Has anyone with one of these configured the media control (play, forward back, stop) to work with XBMC yet? If so can you upload your keymap?

I literally plugged the USB Bluetooth receiver into the Linux PC.
Opened the lid on the diNovo mini and synchronized the Bluetooth on both devices using the 'red' buttons.
Keyboard functions worked right away.

For mouse/touchpad to work (depends on your distro) mine is Gutsy 7.10
With XBMC closed, I took the following steps:
In terminal:
sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/options

added following line at the bottom:
options usbhid quirks=0x046d:0xc71f:0x00200000

After saving and closing, Back in terminal:
sudo update-initramfs -u

Reboot Linux computer

I tried the media buttons after mouse and keyboard were working, and they worked perfectly for music (play/pause, stop, forward, back, etc.).

hope that helps,
Hadn't quite decided if I want to run it on Linux, or Windows yet... but thanks for those instructions!
CrazyIvan Wrote:If only MS would come up with a PC chatpad driver I think this would kick its ar$e

Yes indeed. Will it ever happen though Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech DiNovo Mini, the ultimate keyboard, mouse, and remote combination for XBMC?0