Logitech DiNovo Mini, the ultimate keyboard, mouse, and remote combination for XBMC?
Not on the latest Build, no. Haven't tested any other right now... May be worth a bug report trac ticket...

They work under Vista w/o any problem though (in WMP and other applications).
bionic1234 Wrote:Hey guys, so I have retested with Atlantis 3, and the media buttons in fact no longer work.
However I went back to an older build (on the same machine) SVN 14606M (compiled July 31st 2008) and they do still work.
Simplest test, I tried using keymap.xml from older build instead of newer keymap.xml.
Media buttons still do not work in Atlantis 3 PPA, so it is likely not a keymap.xml change.

Next thing that I may test is building using SVN versus PPA build.
The older working version that I used was an SVN build not a PPA build.

I began browsing through the revision log for linux build, but nothing has jumped out at me yet "changed: description-wise"
OK guys I think I found working remedy for frustrated dinovo mini users. Here you find tweaked setpoint which lets you map any key to any of the media buttons.
link: http://www.mstar.net/users/rlowens/
Mini thanks for the post man the UberOptions mod kicks ass and enabled me to remap my keys so that media functions work on Atlantis.

Bone
Could anyoone be more specific on how to remap the media keys of the DINOVO mini so they can work on Atlantis
DiNovo Mini is great for XBMC. Unfortunatelly mapping it's a pain... i just hope to be supported by default Smile
If somebody can help us for use the Dinovo, it will be really nice, it's the only bad point that I found for XBMC
hard to do work on hardware that one doesn't own himself

curse of FOSS
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm in France, it's hard for me to help you but perhaps somebody can offer you this splendid keyboard. Smile
When is your birthday?
~1month
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

FlimtotheFlam Wrote:I have the full Dinovo Edge and when it works it works great. The problem is breaks all the time. It just randomly disconnects and quits working. You have to turn it off and turn it back on. It happens A LOT.

sorry to bump an old thread, but I have an Edge too and it never disconnects for me. One of the best keyboards I've ever used Smile
Does anyone have a keymap.xml for the Logitech DiNovo Mini? Something that mimics the buttons as they are in Vista Media Center?
I'm unable to get the media keys to work in XBMC, primarily because XBMC doesn't seem recognize the keys.

Whenever I press a media key on the Logitech DiNovo Mini (Previous, Stop, Play/Pause, Next), all it registers in the xbmc log is this:
Code:
DEBUG: SDLKeyboard found something unknown (unicode <> printable ASCII): scancode: 0, sym: 0, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
I even tried connecting a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 keyboard and using the media keys on that (Play/Pause, Previous, Next) and it gives the same result in the XBMC.log.

It can recognize the various normal buttons just fine:
Code:
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61448 pressed, action is 10    (Backspace)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61449 pressed, action is 18    (Tab)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61453 pressed, action is 7    (Enter)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61467 pressed, action is 13    (ESC?)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61472 pressed, action is 12    (Space)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61473 pressed, action is 5    (PageUp)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61474 pressed, action is 6    (PageDown)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61478 pressed, action is 3    (ArrowUp)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61480 pressed, action is 4    (ArrowDown)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61510 pressed, action is 77    (F)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61513 pressed, action is 11    (I)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61517 pressed, action is 24    (M)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61520 pressed, action is 79    (P)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61522 pressed, action is 78    (R)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61523 pressed, action is 122    (S)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61528 pressed, action is 13    (X)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61536 pressed, action is 58    (0)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61537 pressed, action is 59    (1)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61538 pressed, action is 60    (2)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61539 pressed, action is 61    (3)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61540 pressed, action is 62    (4)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61541 pressed, action is 63    (5)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61542 pressed, action is 64    (6)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61543 pressed, action is 65    (7)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61544 pressed, action is 66    (8)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61545 pressed, action is 67    (9)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61628 pressed, action is 21    (Komma)
DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61630 pressed, action is 20    (Period)

I even tried using the keycodes I found in another thread and modify the keymap.xml to handle them:
Code:
<key id="61520">Pause</key>
<key id="61467">Stop</key>
<key id="61479">SkipNext</key>
<key id="61477">SkipPrevious</key>
But since the keys themselves aren't recognized by XBMC I figured this was a long shot, and so it was (no luck).

Another thread refers to the uberOptions program, which is not really a solution for the media keys, since mapping Play/Pause to Space or Previous to komma (,) would make the keys not work in other applications. According to uberOptions they are mapped "correctly" to MediaTonguelay etc. (upside to this program is that I could map the MC launcher button to launch XBMC instead of Windows Media Center).

I'm using XBMC Atlantis Beta 2 on Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit), on a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4850e CPU and 4 GB DDR2 RAM.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Edit:

I just tried installing a 3rd. party SVN build (XBMCSetup-Rev16120.exe) build Nov. 8th. 2008, same result. Media keys still not recognized.
Add more logging to SDLKeyboard.cpp to find out what it is actually getting. If there's no real values there (which is what it appears is happening) then there's no way to differentiate the keys.

I think I like this keyboard a bit better. It is larger so it will be easier to type. I'm trying to get my HTPC fixed up so I can use its media functions from my 880 Harmony remote.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6823110017

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech DiNovo Mini, the ultimate keyboard, mouse, and remote combination for XBMC?0