Logitech DiNovo Mini, the ultimate keyboard, mouse, and remote combination for XBMC?
Robmoo Wrote:I think I like this keyboard a bit better. It is larger so it will be easier to type. I'm trying to get my HTPC fixed up so I can use its media functions from my 880 Harmony remote.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6823110017
Even though it's bigger, BTC build quality is almost zero compared to Logitech. Sorry to say it, but i had (and still have arround here, not working, of course) BTC HTPC keyboards, and they are horrible. Keys dying when not expected, range is weak, interfere with too many devices, etc... My advice, stay away from those...
No I have not bought this keyboard, I'm helping a friend setup his

keycodes varies between Ubuntu versions it seems

I extracted 3 codes using XBMC so far in Intrepid: VolumeDown, Rec, Stop. The other special keys at top gives the SDL error

What's weird is that all keys seem to function in Gnome Desktop already
I haven't found a reliable way to extract the keycodes yet
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i would love this to be supported as i just bought one of thses keyboards
MonkY Wrote:Even though it's bigger, BTC build quality is almost zero compared to Logitech. Sorry to say it, but i had (and still have arround here, not working, of course) BTC HTPC keyboards, and they are horrible. Keys dying when not expected, range is weak, interfere with too many devices, etc... My advice, stay away from those...
Missed this post before but, yes, just what he said.
If there's a justice, stay away from BTC stuff.
Hi,

I am looking for a GOOD Wireless Keyboard with Integrated Trackball/TouchPad

So far I have come across this baby....
Logitech DiNovo Mini
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboa...8&cl=au,en

Can anyone confirm if this will work with XBMC for Windows.

Cheers
X
it works fine
I use a DiNovo Edge, but I spend entirely too much time writing in forums from my HTPC. For purely XBMC use the Mini is probably a better choice.
Just bought one too, and it's great. But since I'm using the Windows version of XBMC I'm missing the Function keys on the keyboard, as I can't manage to make XBMC to quit and jump to windows. It's Alt+F4 for me.
Shutting XBMC down will just shut the whole computer down.

Also, as mentioned, the lack of a proper right mouse button is a bit irritating. As is the lack of the Escape key.
wreezig Wrote:Just bought one too, and it's great. But since I'm using the Windows version of XBMC I'm missing the Function keys on the keyboard, as I can't manage to make XBMC to quit and jump to windows. It's Alt+F4 for me.
Shutting XBMC down will just shut the whole computer down.

Also, as mentioned, the lack of a proper right mouse button is a bit irritating. As is the lack of the Escape key.

right click mouse = FN key + OK key

esc = FN key + TAB key

you can also change xbmc to quit instead of shutdown, when shutdown is selected
Can't find anything about just quitting XBMC in the MediaStream skin when choosing quit. But guess the quit part is easily fixed by some settings somewhere.

And yes I know about the FN+OK, it's just a bit irritating way.
Didn't know about the FN+Tab though, thanks. I probably didn't look close enough. Smile
Just got it today.
at least in windows you can map the function keys easily in eventghost with the hidplugin!
I use this one, works perfectly and is much cheaper.

http://www.trust.com/products/product_de...item=14909
Got my di novo mini yesterday, the thing is really cool!

besides the media keys not working I was wondering how you guys are adjusting the volume?

before the di novo I was using a standard usb keyboard and I adjusted the volume with the plus and minus keys on the num lock.

I can't seem to find a plus or minus key on the di novo, or have I gone a bit blind?! Huh

I installed xbmc live on a CF card with IDE adapter.
according to bionic1234's post, I updated /etc/modprobe.d/options and tried to update the initramfs but faild because, I think, update-initramfs cant find the current initramfs, since there is no /boot.

Anyone experienced something similar?
For all you DiNovo Mini users, install SetPoint 4.6 and download uberoptions (use Google). That will allow you to remap all keys as opposed to the few the default software allows. Do NOT get Setpoint 4.7. At the moment, Uberoptions is designed for Setpoint 4.6.
Here uberoptions work fine with 4.7 Wink
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech DiNovo Mini, the ultimate keyboard, mouse, and remote combination for XBMC?0