Crashing every time I scan for new Content
I did a fresh install with Atlantis. So I added all my content from fresh. It is already organized. It seems to updating and downloading for a while than just randomly crashes.

http://pastebin.ca/1170713

I have no files in my library. It seems to get a little farther each time. It always makes it to at least the thumbs that were already downloaded than it makes it a few after than crashes.

Something else that I need to duplicate also. If it crashes while in Screensaver than my desktop is 20% darker also. No way to get rid of it unless you restart.
Looks like it's due to the background thumb scanner - when it unloads it's dll's for some reason all adds to the db fail after that. This may simply be a coincidence, however!

To test, try waiting a full minute after entering Videos before bringing up the context menu and scanning.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Seems to work fine, The only other weird thing is that it is randomly not stacking movies. In right format such as Movie - cd2.avi . Stacked right for must of them but not some of them. I am going back and removing them from library than rescanning them and than they work
Right - the key now is getting the bug side of it reproducible. Anything you can do in this regard would be most helpful.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Just observed it with scan new content, -cd1 & -cd2 came up as two entities in library (stacking is turned on in file mode)

Reproduced by: (trying to mimic the real world setup where recursive is required, not sure it's key though).
Created a dummy tree and added Cart as IMDB source
Quote:[Cart]
|
[Cars (2006)]
|_ck-cars-cd1.avi
|_ck-cars-cd2.avi
|_ck-cars-cd1.mov
|_ck-cars-cd2.mov
|
[Shrek]
|_ck-cars-cd1.avi
|_ck-cars-cd2.avi
|_ck-cars-cd1.mov
|_ck-cars-cd2.mov

Did not run automatic scan, used foldernames for lookups and recursive scan.
In file mode I scanned the source for new content and got 8 entries in Library mode (4 for cars, 4 for shrek)
to clarify, where is your source that you initiated the scan from? Is it Cart? or one folder back?
And I just duplicated this with "use foldernames" but without "recursive". I got four copies of each. Gonna look at the db file now.
ok i know why this is... its the stacking code. it assumes that items that stack will sort alphanumerically next to each other. When you have this case, this assumption fails. The alphanumeric sort order is

ck-cars-cd1.avi
ck-cars-cd1.mov
ck-cars-cd2.avi
ck-cars-cd2.mov

so much for the improved stacking times. the only way i can think of right now to correct this is to go back to the old code which has to check every item below the current for a stack match.

(but i dont believe this is at all related to the crashing.)

** edit **
i'll have this fixed shortly. i'm going to change it to keep comparing as long as the first letter matches. this will still be better than checking every single item.

** edit **
fixed and committed to svn. now you will see two instances of Cars and Shrek.

** edit **
this isnt an issue exactly, but a question... should the scanner cache the movie icon for all members of the stack so that when in files mode, and unstacked, each file has an icon? (currently, only the first gets the image.)
I figured it might be something with the stacker cause I also was having problems with it. I just went back and renamed them all after deleting them from library. It seemed though if a file had a different .skv name than what was in the folder that it crashed. Not confirmed though
i dont think the stacking problem is related to your crashes. but the stacking problem should be resolved now. and what's a .skv name?
.skv files are downloaded with Usenets in Pars and are left over after decoding.
do you mean .sfv ?
Ha, Yeah thats what I mean
they would be irrelevant to your crash. (as would any .skv files if there were any.)
kraqh3d Wrote:i dont think the stacking problem is related to your crashes. but the stacking problem should be resolved now. and what's a .skv name?
So when I rescan with the next alpha, the DB will be automagically fixed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashing every time I scan for new Content0