Bug Kodi is loading very slow and freezes regularly when using an empty SDcard adapter
Hello there,
so let me please explain what I just found out as it is mind boggling to me.
So I've been using Kodi for >2 years now and it has always been really slow on my system. 
Meaning I try to start it and the Kodi start window doesn't show up for almost a minute.
When it shows up it has the loading wheel spinning and it takes again several seconds until it becomes responsive.
However if I git the process time after all I was able to navigate through the main menu. At times when returning back from a stream/video same behavior will happen again.

In the years I tried several methods (lots of googling), many different versions. Drivers, systems and even hardware got changed over the years. However Kodi always behaved the same.
I kind of gave up at some point and accepted that Kodi might just not be made for Windows... I haven't seen many other Windows users describing a similar behavior, so I wasn't sure what was wrong with my system (I mean it's pretty decent).

By pure luck I was vacuuming my room today and a long USB cable which was in my way. It belongs to a USB hub that I am using. Which also has a SDcard slot which contains an empty SD to microSD adapter. Also an USB was plugged into the hub.
I disconnected the whole hub and forgot to reconnect it. Later today I started Kodi and to my surprise it started in about 2sec and was not lagging at all.

I did some testing and found out that it is indeed the empty SDcard adapter causing  Kodi to lag. When I do the same test with a MicroSD card plugged into the adapter, Kodi again runs smooth.

TL,DR: When I put in an empty SDcard adapter into my USB hub Kodi lags/freezes terribly.

Here is my log: https://paste.kodi.tv/aqalahoqod.kodi

You can literally see in line 788 that the timestamp jumps 28seconds, in which the process was just freezing. 
I tried to compare the logs of the two scenarios but I couldn't find any hint on why that empty SDcard adapter is causing the behavior.

Ps.: I am so happy that I can finally have a smooth experience with Kodi Smile
Apparently I cannot edit my post here...

Anyways, here is the log for the case without the empty SDadapter instered, where Kodi start within few seconds:
https://paste.kodi.tv/adefarulaz.kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is loading very slow and freezes regularly when using an empty SDcard adapter0