Solved Logo view will be coming?
I have noticed that the Logo view (for TV shows) is not working at the moment. Not only in this skin, it seems to be a general thing. Because I have all the logo.png files in place but nothing is showing up.
Will this be fixed at some point? Will it be present with the Final realease of Kodi or at some point in the future?
Or do I just have to do something special for the logos to show up?
(2020-11-29, 13:23)_novalis Wrote: logo.png
clearlogo.png is the correct name.... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-29, 21:27)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 13:23)_novalis Wrote: logo.png
clearlogo.png is the correct name.... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types

I also have the clearlogo.png
It doesn't work.
Go to one of your movies
Call up the Information Page
Select Choose Art.

Can you see the clearlogo listed?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-29, 21:54)Karellen Wrote: Can you see the clearlogo listed?

OK, now I see.
I can see it listed yes, but not filled. I can select them manually and then they also appear in the view.
The reason for them not showing up is probably a scraping issue. I use to export my library to separate folders of media. For having faster library built up for new installations etc.
So the season, fanart and all the other stuff are in their respective folders. It was obviously not recognized from the initial scraping.
But....a rescan doesn't change that, both locally or from the internet. Only manually.

I also just now realize that the export function has stopped exporting certain types of files. While posters, banners, fanart and seasonposters seem to be still exported, clearlogo, clearart and landscape have been abandonned at a certain point in time, roughly 2018.
(2020-11-29, 22:39)_novalis Wrote: I also just now realize that the export function has stopped exporting certain types of files. While posters, banners, fanart and seasonposters seem to be still exported, clearlogo, clearart and landscape have been abandonned at a certain point in time, roughly 2018.
Nope, nothing has been abandoned. Kodi can only export what is in its database. Maybe clearlogo was never scraped?

Also, we don't recommend exporting artwork especially if you don't have the imageres tags in your advancedsettings.xml file. If you want local artwork, you should download the original artwork from the providers and never export artwork during the export process.
My Signature
(2020-11-29, 22:44)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 22:39)_novalis Wrote: I also just now realize that the export function has stopped exporting certain types of files. While posters, banners, fanart and seasonposters seem to be still exported, clearlogo, clearart and landscape have been abandonned at a certain point in time, roughly 2018.
Nope, nothing has been abandoned. Kodi can only export what is in its database. Maybe clearlogo was never scraped?
yes probably. As I didn't use it in my Leia skin, I probably didn't recognize it. I was using TVDB, 'Use Fanart' activated.
How can I make sure it does? Because theiy dont appear also in my new Matrix built. I have tried The Movie DB and TMDB TV Shows scrapers.

Also for movies where I was using the universal movie scraper, everything went fine. It has it all in the settings where you can choose exactly what you want.
The TV Show scraper does what he wants obviously...
(2020-11-29, 22:44)Karellen Wrote: Also, we don't recommend exporting artwork especially if you don't have the imageres tags in your advancedsettings.xml file. If you want local artwork, you should download the original artwork from the providers and never export artwork during the export process.
And why is that? If I have it locally it needs not being downloaded again for every new installation or in case of a database failure.
(2020-11-29, 22:55)_novalis Wrote: I was using TVDB, 'Use Fanart' activated.
None of the TVDB scrapers will scrape Extended Artwork and that explains why many of your clearlogo's are missing. You best switch to...
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python for movies
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TMDb_TV_Shows for tv shows
Both of these have the option to scrape the extra artwork.

(2020-11-29, 22:55)_novalis Wrote: And why is that? If I have it locally it needs not being downloaded again for every new installation or in case of a database failure.
Yes, your reasoning is perfect, and it is a shame more people don't use the same logic.

The issue is that when you scrape artwork, Kodi optimises the file so it loads quicker for display. This means that the images is made smaller (if you don't have the advancedsettings.xml tags) and the quality is reduced in an effort to reduce the file size.
When you export your artwork, you don't get the original artwork like on the provider's website, you get the optimised file.

To do what you want, it is better to download the original files and when you run the export, don't export artwork or it will overwrite your original artwork with the lower quality versions.
Artwork Beef add-on will download the original artwork after the scrape is run.
My Signature
(2020-11-29, 23:38)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 22:55)_novalis Wrote: I was using TVDB, 'Use Fanart' activated.
None of the TVDB scrapers will scrape Extended Artwork and that explains why many of your clearlogo's are missing.
You can't be right here. I was using this scraper for many years and they always came, until this certain point in time from when on not.
Also there is a setting 'Use Fanart'

however I tried
(2020-11-29, 23:38)Karellen Wrote: You best switch to...
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python for movies
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TMDb_TV_Shows for tv shows
Both of these have the option to scrape the extra artwork.
in the new Matrix built, it doesn't work. I have activated "Include Art from fanart.tv" in the TMDb_TV_Shows.
It won't download Clearlogo or Clearart.
I have checked fanart.tv and maybe it has something to do with the naming there, I don't know, but
e.g. https://fanart.tv/series/348476/the-spanish-princess/ (also others) have the clearlogo file listed under HDCLEARLOGO and CLEARLOGO is empty.
Same for ClearART which I also don't get.

(2020-11-29, 23:38)Karellen Wrote: ...the quality is reduced in an effort to reduce the file size.
To do what you want, it is better to download the original files and when you run the export, don't export artwork or it will overwrite your original artwork with the lower quality versions.
Artwork Beef add-on will download the original artwork after the scrape is run.

Thanks for the hint. But I have never noticed that. I will check out the Beef add-on though
(2020-11-30, 00:05)_novalis Wrote: You can't be right here. I was using this scraper for many years and they always came, until this certain point in time from when on not.
Also there is a setting 'Use Fanart'
I am right.
Use fanart is exactly that... fanart.jpg. It does not mean any other type of artwork except fanart.

(2020-11-30, 00:05)_novalis Wrote: in the new Matrix built, it doesn't work. I have activated "Include Art from fanart.tv" in the TMDb_TV_Shows.
It won't download Clearlogo or Clearart.
You did not read the setup correctly for v19. Read section 4.3.2 as there are other steps you need to perform.
My Signature
(2020-11-30, 00:11)Karellen Wrote: You did not read the setup correctly for v19. Read section 4.3.2 as there are other steps you need to perform.
You're right I didn't. I didn't know something like that existed. Where is that? in the Wiki, Forum?
Yea, it is pretty new. It was only introduced a 2-3 weeks ago.

The only place it is mentioned in the wiki is the two pages I linked you to. When v19 is released soon, the other pages will be updated also.

I don't think it is on the forum, but the conversation is on Github in the relevant PR's.

Is it working now?
My Signature
Shocked 
(2020-11-30, 00:42)Karellen Wrote: Yea, it is pretty new. It was only introduced a 2-3 weeks ago.

The only place it is mentioned in the wiki is the two pages I linked you to. When v19 is released soon, the other pages will be updated also.

I don't think it is on the forum, but the conversation is on Github in the relevant PR's.

Is it working now?
Oh you meant the links above Smile Didn't bother to visit them Sad
Yes it is working now with the settings made in the new Artwork section.
Have to thank you !
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logo view will be coming?0