not able to set "Kodi random video fanart" as background?
I just had to reinstall Kodi and Aeon Nox:Silvo from scratch. Everything's mostly fine, but for some reason (I'm sure it's a simple one), when I go to customize the Silvo home menu and select a background for each menu item, the "Kodi random video fanart" option I had it set to is no longer there. There's a ton of options, including "Kodi random movie fanart" and "Kodi random TV show fanart", but not the random video fanart that displays fanart from movies AND TV shows. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get that fixed? I'm sure it's just a setting I've missed (older age setting in I suppose)

Also, while on the subject--is there any way to set the same Kodi random fanart for all menu items at once? It's a bit of a pain to have to go into all menu items separately, click "Select background", etc etc. It'd be nice if there were a way to select a background as a global option for all menu items (I believe there's a way to set a single image or multi-image globally, but not any other type of background that's available when configuring an individual menu item).
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2020-12-01, 08:04)canadave Wrote: Also, while on the subject--is there any way to set the same Kodi random fanart for all menu items at once? It's a bit of a pain to have to go into all menu items separately, click "Select background", etc etc. It'd be nice if there were a way to select a background as a global option for all menu items (I believe there's a way to set a single image or multi-image globally, but not any other type of background that's available when configuring an individual menu item).
If you go into Skin Settings > General > Set default background It will then let you choose Single Image or Multiimage. You will then need to point it to a source. Depending on what you have Kodi running on will determine if you have the background images local or remote.  Hope this helps!
(2020-12-31, 20:51)Troutmaster Wrote:
(2020-12-01, 08:04)canadave Wrote: Also, while on the subject--is there any way to set the same Kodi random fanart for all menu items at once? It's a bit of a pain to have to go into all menu items separately, click "Select background", etc etc. It'd be nice if there were a way to select a background as a global option for all menu items (I believe there's a way to set a single image or multi-image globally, but not any other type of background that's available when configuring an individual menu item).
If you go into Skin Settings > General > Set default background It will then let you choose Single Image or Multiimage. You will then need to point it to a source. Depending on what you have Kodi running on will determine if you have the background images local or remote.  Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for your reply--however, Silvo has never depended on that setting to run the slideshow. That setting of single image or multi-image does something else. The slideshow used to run just fine on "random video fanart" (which is what the purpose of that selection is), but now is not for some reason. I suspect it may be an issue with a recent change to the Silvo repo.
@canadave

Which Kodi version and are you using Aeon Nox:Silvo from the repo? Your signature indicates something else.

The Random fanart options are available in my setup.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-01, 10:51)Karellen Wrote: @canadave

Which Kodi version and are you using Aeon Nox:Silvo from the repo? Your signature indicates something else.

The Random fanart options are available in my setup.
Sorry, using Aeon Nox:Silvo from the repo. I guess my signature was a little out of date.

I just uninstalled Kodi and installed Matrix Beta 2, then installed Aeon Nox:Silvo from the repo. Added movies and TV show sources, then scanned for new content (to re-create my video library), which all went smoothly. When I go to customize the Aeon Nox:Silvo background for a menu item such as, say, "Movies", there is no "random video fanart" option available (my main menu background selections used to look just like the ones in your screenshot, but no longer do). Instead, I get this:

None
Single image
Multi-image
Kodi random movie fanart
Kodi random TV show fanart
Kodi random music fanart
Kodi random music video fanart
(Skin Playlist) New Movies
(Skin Playlist) Unwatched Movies
(Skin Playlist) Top 250
(Skin Playlist) In Progress Movies
(Skin Playlist) In Progress Episodes
(Skin Playlist) Top 250
(Skin Playlist) Random Episodes
[etc etc etc....]
Live Background: Recent movies
Live Background: Recent episodes
Live Background: Random songs
Live Background: Random albums
Live Background: (Skin Playlist) New Movies
Live Background: (Skin Playlist) Unwatched Movies
Live Background: (Skin Playlist) Top 250
etc etc etc.

It doesn't seem to make a difference if I try this with Leia latest stable version--same options appear.

Here's the debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/osomubujob.kodi
Hmmm...so, one thing I just noticed. If I go to the Help menu in the Silvo skin, and click on "Install or change settings of supported addons", I see that under the Optional addons list, the "script.grab.fanart" addon says it is "Not Installed or Disabled". The description when I highlight that addon with the cursor says: "The Grab Fanart script provides the random fanart slideshows for the main menu." I tried to click on it to enable it, but absolutely nothing happens--no error, no nothing, it's like the batteries in my remote don't work. Could this be the issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
not able to set "Kodi random video fanart" as background?0