No passthrough after latest FireOS Update 6.2.7.7
(2021-04-14, 17:45)Jaffi Wrote:
(2021-03-28, 15:20)Sholander Wrote:
(2021-03-28, 03:40)redpinfive Wrote: I have four 4k firesticks. Only one updated that doesn't have a receiver so I am not sure if if the update fixed passthrough audio or not.

I can't even manually update the other ones yet. They must be slowly doing the rollout.

For FTV Stick 4k a new version (6.2.8.0) with new UI is rolling out. It seems that passthrough is sill not fixed.

Could anyone confirm? DTS passthrough still Impossible?

Yes, DTS with standard Kodi build still not working, as before.
DD plus is the only one I am having trouble with passthrough. 4k firestick in a Yamaha receiver. Kodi 19. Firestick audio set to best available sound.

When passthrough is enabled and a dd+ file is played the video freezes and no audio. Everything else seems to work. I get audio out of the back speakers but I guess I should check that it is truly surround.

I was hoping the new firestick update would fix the problem, but no. I wish I could roll back two Firestick major updates to when it worked fine.
FT4K v.6.2.8 still no pass-through nor DTS!
Kodi 20.4(Nexus) / FireTV 4K
(2020-12-10, 07:33)DipSur Wrote:
(2020-12-03, 20:31)misterboo Wrote: Yesterday my FireTV 4K updated to FireOS 6.2.7.7

I just noticed that audio passthrough is gone in Kodi 18.9. Anyone else have this problem?

This is due to an update of the FireStick from Amazon. I was able to fix this by doing the following, unfortunately you cannot keep your existing build. 
Uninstall Kodi. Then download this version of Kodi apk,  kodi-20201031-3dfcc21e-aftv4k-armeabi-v7a.apk from the site http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/tes...droid/arm/
This is a special build of Kodi 18.9 for FireStick.
After installing, go to System->Audio (in Expert Mode) and change the settings as below:
Audio Passthrough: Enable
Passthrough Output Device: AudioTrack(RAW) .... This is the important bit.
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: Enable
Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) Transcoding: Enable
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver: Enable
Leave all the rest of Audio settings to DEFAULT

That's it. Now you will get DD+ in yout AV receiver and also ATMOS from Netflix if you have Premium subscription.
you mean this one? http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/tes...bi-v7a.apk
( the latest for FireTV)

Could anyone confirm if solved the audio issue?
(2021-05-09, 22:35)stein Wrote:
(2020-12-10, 07:33)DipSur Wrote:
(2020-12-03, 20:31)misterboo Wrote: Yesterday my FireTV 4K updated to FireOS 6.2.7.7

I just noticed that audio passthrough is gone in Kodi 18.9. Anyone else have this problem?

This is due to an update of the FireStick from Amazon. I was able to fix this by doing the following, unfortunately you cannot keep your existing build. 
Uninstall Kodi. Then download this version of Kodi apk,  kodi-20201031-3dfcc21e-aftv4k-armeabi-v7a.apk from the site http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/tes...droid/arm/
After installing, go to System->Audio (in Expert Mode) and change the settings as below:

That's it. Now you will get DD+ in yout AV receiver and also ATMOS from Netflix if you have Premium subscription.
( the latest for FireTV)

This is the latest (and last), and all the changes were merged with Kodi 19, so it should make no difference.

http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/tes...bi-v7a.apk
(2021-05-10, 02:25)gabardal Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 22:35)stein Wrote:
(2020-12-10, 07:33)DipSur Wrote: This is due to an update of the FireStick from Amazon. I was able to fix this by doing the following, unfortunately you cannot keep your existing build. 

( the latest for FireTV)

This is the latest (and last), and all the changes were merged with Kodi 19, so it should make no difference.

http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/tes...bi-v7a.apk
many thanks! Just want to confirm this works with Kodi v18.9 at FireTV 4K v6.2.8! for Onkyo AVR

EDIT 1: Yet some other DTS audio, or TrueHD 7.1/ Atmos  video still displayed as DD+ 2.0 as input from HDMI-CEC
I tried "VLC for Fire" from Amazon AppStore, with pass-through enabled , all of above only show DD+ 2.0. so seems a FireTV issue fundamentally.

EDIT 2: As Kodi v19.1 just released, it solved also the pass-through issue as above as well, by select "AudioTrack(RAW) ..." , yet same proband detected b ylem for other HD audio types ( e.g. TrueHD, atoms, DTS) which cannot ouput and detected by AVR accordingly. 

I have Kodi 19.1 installed on Fire TV Stick 4k (6.2.8.1), no passthrough possible (but a few weeks before it was). Audio Raw is selected, all posts tried already here. Has anybody the same problem?
(2021-08-25, 22:31)Weyon Wrote: I have Kodi 19.1 installed on Fire TV Stick 4k (6.2.8.1), no passthrough possible (but a few weeks before it was). Audio Raw is selected, all posts tried already here. Has anybody the same problem?

Issue found. My LG Tv need to be set to passthrough on 2 different opinions. Now it works perfectly.
(2021-08-25, 22:54)Weyon Wrote:
(2021-08-25, 22:31)Weyon Wrote: I have Kodi 19.1 installed on Fire TV Stick 4k (6.2.8.1), no passthrough possible (but a few weeks before it was). Audio Raw is selected, all posts tried already here. Has anybody the same problem?

Issue found. My LG Tv need to be set to passthrough on 2 different opinions. Now it works perfectly.

Can you tell me what the 2 options for passthrough that you used on your LG please?
Set Settings/all settings/audio/advanced/dtv audio setting to dolby digital
And Settings/all settings/audio/advanced/hdmi input format/hdmi1 to bitstream
(2021-08-26, 20:08)Weyon Wrote: Set Settings/all settings/audio/advanced/dtv audio setting to dolby digital
And Settings/all settings/audio/advanced/hdmi input format/hdmi1 to bitstream

I have tried all that is suggested in this thread and cannot get DTS passthrough working at all with Kodi. It is clear that Amazon have crippled the app functionality intentionally.

I assume their motive is to prevent pirated content from being enjoyed in DTS surround but they are seemingly cool with dodgy content consumption in stereo or 5.1 PCM! I am pretty sure the majority don't own AV amps or sound bars so I don't quite get the point of that.

I've been hopeful for a fix from Amazon, but as this is intended behaviour, it's pretty obvious by now that this isn't coming. I have switched to the Nvidia Shield Pro and have my DTS audio back. Better still, I have Dolby Atmos support too! Sadly the thing costs as much as 4 fire sticks but installing Kodi is so so easy on that thing as it's done via Google Play Store app. Everything in Kodi works as it should.

I quite like the look of the new fire stick with the Netflix buttons on the remote, but alas the only upgrades I'll be doing will be away from Amazon devices as I'm sure even if there were a reliable fix for DTS passthrough, Amazon would cripple Kodi in some other manner - most obvious thing to do would be limiting video output to SD resolution if at all possible and then the fire stick will be as useful as the type of stick that come from trees.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No passthrough after latest FireOS Update 6.2.7.70