Sound no longer working
All my sound issues are almost gone, just one left maybe one of you has a clue where to look /fix it.

My setup:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...77&page=20

Works:
- Movies with 5.1 sound
- MP3 audio file 2 channel 48000 khz.
- Click sound when browsing around trough the menu's
- Script XoT-Uzg (looking back to recent transmitted tv programs)

Does not work:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45422
- youtube script 3.4c

When I press o on the keyboard it tells me its an mp3 file with 22050khz, 2 channel, s16 (don't know what this means)

Hopefully anyone can help me already tried a lot of options including looking at alsamixer and turning everything on (was on by default).
tslayer Wrote:I've had this where only digital audio would output and NOT analog (still out of spdif).

What I usually do to fix in my scenario is:

0) Stop XBMC
1) Create a file in your home directory called .asoundrc that contains the following single line: pcm.!default spdif
2) Run: speaker-test -c 2
3) If you hear sound, you can stop.
4) Remove .asoundrc
5) Restart XBMC

Try that...

I am using s/pdif and suddenly lost my analog sound. Only ac3 and dts directly to receiver did work.

The solution above worked for me but I don't know what caused the problem.
this just happened to me too...hmmm
Same thing happened to me... it might have been because of an ubuntu update but I'm not sure.

Anyway, here's how I fixed it :

Login to gnome
Open sound preferences
Click on the sound card
Choose the output that works for you. (For me it was set to Analog Duplex which did not work right. I selected Analog Output instead.)
Everything works fine. I tested it with the default audio player on gnome.
Started XBMC and audio works fine now.

As mentioned before, I don't know what screwed up the configuration.
tslayer Wrote:I've had this where only digital audio would output and NOT analog (still out of spdif).

What I usually do to fix in my scenario is:

0) Stop XBMC
1) Create a file in your home directory called .asoundrc that contains the following single line: pcm.!default spdif
2) Run: speaker-test -c 2
3) If you hear sound, you can stop.
4) Remove .asoundrc
5) Restart XBMC

Try that...
why I keep getting this problem?
Ubuntu 10.10 + XBMC 10.1 was working great w/ HDMI and S/PDIF and then suddenly S/PDIF broke! XBMC keeps telling me that it failed to initialize the audio device! HDMI works.

Spent hours trying everything documented in this thread. IIRC, I started seeing this problem after I used Rhythmbox and played it over S/PDIF.. Reinstalling everything now to see if it fixes!

This is just not strange but frustrating.
I've got two problems, 1/ it takes ages to move the curser around is there a better way, 2/ my sound has gone. I've only had the cyclone 4, for two day's and I am new to all this computer stuff ( pensioner ) can anybody help. Please.
hi guys
im 66 years old and just starting to use kodi  worked fine then no sound i have no idea whats you guys are talking about
please give me a very simple way to get it back
thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound no longer working2