XBMC not treating .strm as a video file for scraping
Script would also work and might be an easier first step. You could later port it to a plug-in.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
you didnt think about that. you lose the icon because the filename has changed and the icons are cached using a hash of the filename.

** edit **
here's another hack, but we warned, this could have some other unforseen consequences. In PlayListFactory.cpp, find the IsPlaylist() function, comment out the if (extension == "strm") line. Compile. Copy the new binary and Scan. Afterwards, uncomment the comment, compile, and copy the correct binary back. when you want to scan again, rename the binaries. Just make sure not to do anything else with the hacked binary.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
updating my own very old thread --

I have no idea when this changed, but just for kicks, I tried creating a txt file with a .avi extension and simply put the URL to a XVID video hosted on a website in the file (same as I'd normally do with a .strm file). To my surprise, this works absolutely perfectly -- even the encode based tagging (audio stream type, video codec, etc) works in the latest beta. So, for my purposes, I can get away with using these fake .avi files and get all the benefits from the scrapers/library/fanart/etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not treating .strm as a video file for scraping0