• 5(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get XBMC for Windows to work with remote control via IR Server Suite
Just installed this, running fine but a little problem.

In my Windows XP computer the "Windows" button would open up the context menu (you know the info menu) but in Windows Vista it opens up the Vista Media Centre. Please FIX THIS.

I have the Wii connected via a usb bluetooth using bluesoleil driver which works fine. I enabled the Wii Remote in the settings..it detects and stop blinking but none of the keys work. Added to the insult, after "enabling" nunchuck as a mouse control it does not work.

So there you have it ; )
[quote=davidw89]
In my Windows XP computer the "Windows" button would open up the context menu (you know the info menu) but in Windows Vista it opens up the Vista Media Centre. Please FIX THIS.

quote]

This can be turned off...there is an option in IR Server Suite to disable defaul twindwos handling of the reomte...there is details in this thread somewhere.
I have this setup...
USB-UIRT
XBMC
Harmony remote programmed for original XBOX remote

IRSS installed & running fine. Debug sees all commands sent to it. But nothing seems to be getting to XBMC?

any ideas?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Half the buttons don't work with XBMC..

The play/pause, fastforward, backward etc (basically the top half of the MCE Remote) doesn't work.
I think it's because of Alpha 4 stuffed it up. I remember in Alpha 3 it all worked well!!
Woot got it working!!!

How do i map a key on the MCE to shut down the computer? The off button on PC only puts the computer on standby or boot?
Anyone else had problems with getting double keypress on keyboard with this software?
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
@davidw89
There's an option in xbmc to shutdown the PC when exiting.

Sry for the off topic, but is there a way of launching xbmc on a secondary display with the use of a parameter (something like zoomplayer's /F:2)?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Cam73 Wrote:I have an update..

I tried this on my main HTPC last night... and while it worked at first (for a few mins) it stopped working and reverted to standard behaviour where only the navigation buttons worked.

I tried a few things and I got it working and I have a good idea what was causing it...

The main HTPC is running Vista Ultimate 32. It has actually had Media Centre run and configured and used for quite some time. The other test computers have never had media centre run.

What fixed it in the end was going into the IR Suite configuration and turning off the option that relates to windows handling some button presses...after a reboot it still didn’t work and a closer look at the IR Suite configuration showed a 'start' and 'stop' icon..and it indicated that IR suite wasn’t started...so I started it and all is now working 100%.

Having the same problem here regarding the start button. On reboot, i have to manually open the config tool, and press the start button. Last night computer was left on all night and this morning it was off and had to press start again. Is there a setting somewhere i have overlooked to kee the serive continuously running and to turn itself on?
by the way, same sceneario in that it is on a Vista 32 machine with Media Center installed and used.
came home from work and the service had stopped again, had to press the start button again
Killi Wrote:came home from work and the service had stopped again, had to press the start button again

This has happened to me a few times - but only 2 or 3 times...i too have just clicked the 'play' button. Since it has happened so infrequently I have not bothered to try and resolve it permanantly.

My only suggetion is to read the whole thread..im sure somebody mentioned an option to 'auto start service on failure' or something similar.
My setup...

USB-UIRT
XBMC
XP SP3 + all patches
Harmony remote programmed as XBOX & MCE

IRSS installed & seems to be running fine.

Debug is showing all commands sent to it from the remote but nothing seems to be getting to XBMC?

thx for the help!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Thanks for this thread! I got translator working perfectly so that my center button loads up XBMC when I push it, how do I get it so that subsequent pushes don't open other instances of XBMC but just brings it into focus?

Thanks!
traderstavros Wrote:Thanks for this thread! I got translator working perfectly so that my center button loads up XBMC when I push it, how do I get it so that subsequent pushes don't open other instances of XBMC but just brings it into focus?

Thanks!

I had this problem as well, and I came up with a two part solution. The first part was that launching XBMC with the green button wouldn't always put it in focus in Vista. To fix this, I created a .bat file that just launches XBMC. It just contains this line:
START C:\Progra~1\XBMC\XBMC.exe -fs -p
I just set translator to launch this instead of XBMC directly. As of yet, this hasn't failed me.

The second problem was making sure the green button wouldn't launch any more instances of XBMC. This was solved in translator by adding XBMC as a new program under the programs tab making sure to check "ignore system-wide mappings" in its configuration.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get XBMC for Windows to work with remote control via IR Server Suite0