• 8(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get XBMC for Windows to work with remote control via IR Server Suite
This is how it looks like:

Can't see any automatic. I've tried change the Button Reapet delay and Button held delay, but no luck there either.
Any other ideas?
What version are you using?
IR Server Suite - 1.0.4.1

I've also tried configure the Harmony with Logitech software, but no help on that either.
And I have the same trouble using a MCE remote, so I guess it is something with IR Server Suite or something else.

BTW, the remotes works excellent in MediaPortal, no double click when browsing there, but then I didn't use Ir Server Suite, just the built in Ir thing in MediaPortal.

Thanks for trying to help meSmile
Everlong, I had the same issue you describe with the double actions in 1.0.4.1 and it's fixed in the latest test build. You need to install the test build (1.0.4.2) instead of the 1.0.4.1. The 1.0.4.1 build doesn't have the "disable automatic buttons" option described over in the MediaPortal forums but the latest test build does. Once I installed the latest and checked that option all is working.

Good luck!
Thank you, you're my hero! I couldn't find "1.0.4.2" so I installed 1.4.2.2627 instead!
One more thing, with my mouse I can right click on a folder and get up a menu. But with my Harmony remote I can't seem to find any buttons that will do the same. Any trick to make it work?

With menu you delete, rename etc
everlong Wrote:Thank you, you're my hero! I couldn't find "1.0.4.2" so I installed 1.4.2.2627 instead!

You're welcome. Sorry about the version # confusion ... too many 1s,2s,4s,0s and dots Smile. I think if folks had said what version they were using when give advice we could have both saved a few hours of work Smile.
Yeah, now it workd excellent with the double clicking.

But i'll bumb this one more time:

everlong Wrote:One more thing, with my mouse I can right click on a folder and get up a menu. But with my Harmony remote I can't seem to find any buttons that will do the same. Any trick to make it work? With menu you delete, rename etc
Anyone had or have any problems with IR server not recieving controls after not using it for one or more days?
I have Translator to open my XMBC FS with IR server support with PC ON/OFF button and it's working ok with XBMC.
Problem is if after few hours or a day my IR Server in not recieving commands any more?? Even the light in IR reciever is not blinking?
I have original Windows MCE remote.
Annoying solution is to restart IR server service (even if it's shown as started), but for this process I have to use the computerSad
YES !!
And I only got it running the other day. I left it on Saturday night and Sunday my Remote would not respond. Rebooted the PC and still no joy. I detialed this in my 'Tying up loose ends..' post.
The problem where the remote not responding is a known problem with IR Server Suite. If your computer goes to sleep, the remote stops responding after it wakes up. If your computer isn't going to sleep, I don't know if that's a known issue, but it's probably the same problem.

I've been in your position. Frankly, I would uninstall IR Server Suite right now and start using EventGhost. It's so much easier to work with and it's not nearly as buggy as IRSS.

Just make sure you download the newest build from here:
http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/

You don't need any replacement drivers with EventGhost (as long as you use the latest build from the link I just provided). If you have one installed, get rid of it. Those things are buggy as heck.
Hmm... I also had EventGhost installed, but I wasn't so satisfied with it.
Maybe I didn't know how to configure it right... Which is the best begginers tutorial for EG?
I also need to start XBMC with my remote!
Yeah, moving to EventGhost is on the to-do list for this weekend. Having my wife need to run services.msc and restart the Input Service to get the remote working again after reboot or whatever is not very user friendly. It works when it works though Smile.
take a look at HIP, i've tested both IR server suite and Eventghost and HIP beats both of them hands down
here's some sort of guide which should get you up and running http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/HipGuide
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get XBMC for Windows to work with remote control via IR Server Suite0