• 9(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get XBMC for Windows to work with remote control via IR Server Suite
I'm using EventGhost atm and like it but I have problems with the double use of keys, like up/dow/left/right in menu you want them to move around but in movies let them make big/small jumps, works well most of the time except when you are playing a movie and go out to the menu, then it does both.
Is there a way to fix that or are the other programs handling that better?

I'm using the original xbox remote if that matters.
/Fox
FOX, I had the same issue, do this:

Dougie Fresh Wrote:Everlong, I had the same issue you describe with the double actions in 1.0.4.1 and it's fixed in the latest test build. You need to install the test build (1.0.4.2) instead of the 1.0.4.1. The 1.0.4.1 build doesn't have the "disable automatic buttons" option described over in the MediaPortal forums but the latest test build does. Once I installed the latest and checked that option all is working.

Good luck!

I installed 1.4.2.2627 and everything works smooth now.

Only thing I miss is the option to right click on items.
Fox Wrote:I'm using EventGhost atm and like it but I have problems with the double use of keys, like up/dow/left/right in menu you want them to move around but in movies let them make big/small jumps, works well most of the time except when you are playing a movie and go out to the menu, then it does both.
Is there a way to fix that or are the other programs handling that better?

I'm using the original xbox remote if that matters.
/Fox

If you want the same usage as on the xbox, use irserversuite just run the input service and edit the IRSSmap.xml inside the system folder inside xbmc, put this inside the file

Quote:<!-- This file contains the mapping of IR Server Suite keys to XBMC keys used in Keymap.xml -->

<irssmap>
<remote device="XBCDRC">
<pause>230</pause> <!-- pause -->
<stop>224</stop> <!-- stop -->
<play>234</play> <!-- play -->
<forward>227</forward> <!-- forward -->
<reverse>226</reverse> <!-- reverse -->
<left>169</left> <!-- left -->
<right>168</right> <!-- right -->
<up>166</up> <!-- up -->
<down>167</down> <!-- down -->
<select>11</select> <!-- ok -->
<pageplus>31725</pageplus> <!-- channel up -->
<pageminus>31724</pageminus> <!-- channel down -->
<back>216</back> <!-- previous -->
<menu>247</menu> <!-- dvd menu -->
<title>229</title> <!-- recorded tv -->
<info>195</info> <!-- info -->
<skipplus>223</skipplus> <!-- skip -->
<skipminus>221</skipminus> <!-- repeat -->
<display>213</display> <!-- guide -->
<start>31730</start> <!-- start -->
<record>31720</record> <!-- record -->
<volumeplus>31727</volumeplus> <!-- volume up -->
<volumeminus>31726</volumeminus> <!-- volume down -->
<mute>31729</mute> <!-- mute -->
<power>31642</power> <!-- tv power -->
<mytv>31706</mytv> <!-- live tv -->
<one>206</one>
<two>205</two>
<three>204</three>
<four>203</four>
<five>202</five>
<six>201</six>
<seven>200</seven>
<eight>199</eight>
<nine>198</nine>
<zero>207</zero>
<mytv>31652</mytv> <!-- red -->
<mymusic>31651</mymusic> <!-- green -->
<mypictures>31650</mypictures> <!-- yellow -->
<myvideo>31649</myvideo> <!-- blue -->
</remote>
</irssmap>

btw you need the xbcdrc drivers for this to work.
but when it does, it works perfectly
Thanks everlong and LinarSavion I'll give that a try.

everlong I guess you also mean I should run ir server suite and not EventGhost.
everlong Wrote:Only thing I miss is the option to right click on items.

just open up your keymap.xml and bind ContextMenu to something, for instance on my Harmony 720 i have it bound to the Info key:

<keymap>
..<global>
..<remote>
..<info>ContextMenu</info>
alessio2 Wrote:Anyone had or have any problems with IR server not recieving controls after not using it for one or more days?
I have Translator to open my XBMC FS with IR server support with PC ON/OFF button and it's working ok with XBMC.
Problem is if after few hours or a day my IR Server in not recieving commands any more?? Even the light in IR reciever is not blinking?
I have original Windows MCE remote.
Annoying solution is to restart IR server service (even if it's shown as started), but for this process I have to use the computerSad

I am also having the same problem as this - Anyone found a solution?

Thanks
I spent the better part of this afternoon with EG + a Harmony 880 remote trying to get it working properly in XBMC. I searched around on here and even googled a bit, but I guess my searching skills suck. Here are my 2 issues.

1. This HTPC is hooked to a TV, I went into the Logitech software and added MCE as a device, I feel retarded but I cannot figure out how to get it to open XBMC instead of VMC. I went into the key configuration and advanced key thinking I could just change it there. No luck, so I went into EG and made a command that I thought linked to the button, but when I press it VMC still comes up when it switches the TV to the PC. I figured out how to get XBMC to open once the PC was up, but I'd like the Harmony to switch to the PC and open XBMC not VMC. The Harmony software doesn't seem to have anywhere I can tell it to launch XBMC and leave VMC alone.

my second issue isn't so much a problem, as I'm not really coming up with a decent layout for mapping keys. The MCE remote that came with the IR receiver, everything just seems natural and intuitive. With the Harmony I'm not seeing how I can get a similar flow with how the layout is.

any advice on either would be LOVELY, or a link to a thread that gets into them. I did search but I found too many thread and after reading 50 pages that didn't help me my head hurts Smile
i have Hauppauge remote control i bought for my gbpvr but ever since i like the XBMC i uninstall the gbpvr. i really like the xbmc but only problem is that i can only use few key for the xbmc like up down key and back key only.....i m not a computer guy but i have little knowledge..please help me i want i press power key to open the xbmc , and fwr, rwd, voulume up and down, back to manu, back from the folder etc....please help me
j0se Wrote:I am also having the same problem as this - Anyone found a solution?

Thanks

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/298663-post520.html
That should fix it.
how do i edit the keymap.xml file? i have a PC remote controller. But i can't seem to press all buttons such as stop, play, vol up & down..
davidw89 Wrote:Half the buttons don't work with XBMC..

The play/pause, fastforward, backward etc (basically the top half of the MCE Remote) doesn't work.

I have the same problem but did not find the solution yet. Can anyone help me?
please someone!!!!!
I just installed what you suggested down below, and started up xbmc and nothing extra works with the official ms remote.

I tried "stop" for a movie, - it doesn't work
I tried "volume" up and down and that doesn't work either.

I'm puzzled ... maybe only a few commands worked

many commands work, but with buttons that you wouldn't think to use
but I have no clue to what extra that install actually did for you.

Cam73 Wrote:Im a long time XBMC (XBOX) user who has made the transition to XBMC Windows.

I have spent the last few days (havnt got much else done actually) trying to get XBMC to weork with an IR remote..rather then a wireless keyboard that i have.

In the end it was really simple, but since i didnt find the exact information i wanted in once place i thoguh i would write this for others like me.

Basically the way I got it working was like this:

1. Clean install of XBMC Atlantis Alpha 3 on my HTPC (get from sticky in this forum)

2. Plug Microsoft MCE v2 USB receiver into USB port (drivers detected and installed automatically)

3. Install IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.4.2 RC1.zip http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce-re...1-a-33512/

4. Start XBMC...and it all just worked

I did not need to replace or modify keymap.xml in any folder. I did not have to configure IR Server Suite at all.. all the buttons worked the way i expected them to in all modes of XBMC i tested.

I have tested this on Vista Ultimate 64 and Vista Ultimate 32..both work well following these steps.

I hope this helps somebody out. Btw, i did try many other things before i got this to work but in the end I was amased it was this simple.
You're not alone. I have the MCE remote at the link below and I've tried to put in the code from the second link below with no luck. I've been googleing for two days now. I can use the remote to toggle through Xbmc but the back button doesn't work (Clear seems to do the same job) fast forward, skip, stop, please ect.. all does not work.

I'm using Windows 7 with IR Server Suite with the lastest version of Xbmc. Great program btw I just discovered a few days ago. If I could just get it working like Media Center, I'll use it but I may have to revert back to Media Cetner. I still will have to tackle the tasks of intergrating Netflix and Hulu into it.

MCE Remote: http://mathias.nyman.me/images/2008/08/mceremote.gif

Code: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36936
thearm Wrote:You're not alone. I have the MCE remote at the link below and I've tried to put in the code from the second link below with no luck. I've been googleing for two days now. I can use the remote to toggle through Xbmc but the back button doesn't work (Clear seems to do the same job) fast forward, skip, stop, please ect.. all does not work.

I'm using Windows 7 with IR Server Suite with the lastest version of Xbmc. Great program btw I just discovered a few days ago. If I could just get it working like Media Center, I'll use it but I may have to revert back to Media Cetner. I still will have to tackle the tasks of intergrating Netflix and Hulu into it.

MCE Remote: http://mathias.nyman.me/images/2008/08/mceremote.gif

Code: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36936

Works fine for me. You do have to manually edit the keymap.xml and irssmap.xml a little bit (use one of the programs in IRSS to learn the codes of each button), but I have all my buttons working just fine.

Actually, here's my keymap.xml and irssmap.xml to help you out
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get XBMC for Windows to work with remote control via IR Server Suite0