Req Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm
(2022-05-05, 17:12)bluzee Wrote: OK, Thank you.  I'll send that in and see what they think.

Thanks for your help
(2022-05-05, 17:28)Ptersburg_34 Wrote: I have one more request, which would be great. If Enigma2 OpenPLi Skin: FullNight is added, kodi will be just super.

(FYI: always link the image itself, not its web page...)

A question, you are so keen about the decibel signal strength value in Kodi, right?

In your screen shot I see 16.6db for the playing channel. What does this value tell you? Is 16.6db something good? What is the lowest possible value for „good“ signal strength? How do you read these numbers?
This program is OpenPLi PCTV

Shows signal level in system info

(2022-05-07, 13:33)Ptersburg_34 Wrote: This program is OpenPLi PCTV
(2022-05-07, 13:52)Ptersburg_34 Wrote: Shows signal level in system info

That is still not the answer to ksooo's question of WHY you need this signal in Kodi.
(2022-05-07, 13:55)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-05-07, 13:33)Ptersburg_34 Wrote: This program is OpenPLi PCTV
(2022-05-07, 13:52)Ptersburg_34 Wrote: Shows signal level in system info

That is still not the answer to ksooo's question of WHY you need this signal in Kodi.

When I change the channel, it does not show whether there is a signal or not.
The SNR and Signal is already in Kodi.  The problem is that the method to report this has changed in DVB API.  The preferred method to report this in DVB drivers is now SNR as dB and Signal as dBm.   The reason for this is that the previous relative scale using percentage level did not give any particularly meaningful level.  SNR is an exact measure quantifiable and comparable.  For every digital transmission you know the system, modulation and forward error correction ratio. Having these you know the exact minimum SNR required to lock an error free signal.  For example see this chart for DVB-S2 satellite carriers....

http://satbroadcasts.com/news,81,Minimum...ystem.html

When you have playback errors the SNR is the first thing you look at.  Many setups have antenna that must rotate or dish that must rotate so knowing SNR to maintain alignment is necessary.

The issue with TVHeadend is while it had the new stats it wasn't sending them to Kodi.  The other problem which i asked and @ksooo  confirmed is that we need new feSNRDb to separate when non-updated drivers send relative  and others send decibel.

Thus, it is basically all there in Kodi. Things just need to be updated a bit and TVHeadend HTSP updated.  It seemed like a worthy project.  Right now when i have an issue it requires I dig out a laptop, boot it up and check the SNR in TVHeadend web. In Kodi it would be a button click on the remote.
(2022-05-07, 02:27)Ptersburg_34 Wrote:
(2022-05-05, 17:12)bluzee Wrote: OK, Thank you.  I'll send that in and see what they think.

Thanks for your help
OK, well all I did was grep a little source code.  @ksooo  is doing all the heavy lifting.
Windows users are luckier than linux users. There is no decent program for linux users to use.
(2022-05-07, 23:14)Ptersburg_34 Wrote: Windows users are luckier than linux users. There is no decent program for linux users to use.

If you mean Kodi then it's on windows too.   If you mean TVHeadend then nothing on windows is anywhere near as good as TVHeadend.
If there is no tvheadend, I will leave linux
bluzee; my teacher

i have a question for you ( openpli skin: fullnight Any chance to add? )
(2022-05-07, 23:51)Ptersburg_34 Wrote: bluzee; my teacher

i have a question for you ( openpli skin: fullnight Any chance to add? )

That's a question you'll need to take to the Skins section of the forum. Off topic here.  Personally I don't understand skins in the slightest.  There is one thing I'd like to add to the default skin but I've never come close to figuring out how it works.
Thank you very much for your information.
I would be very grateful if you could let me know if the signal indicator will work on kodi or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi signal strenght/snr indicator in db/dBm0