Solved Limited list of random movies
HI,
I'm not sure to post this in the correct section...

I have  more than 100 movies.
So sometimes the choice is difficult.
I'm looking for a way to have a list of only 10 or 15 random movies, from all my movies. So it will be easier to choose what to watch.

I only found add-ons which play directly a random movie, but that's not what I want.

Do you know if it's possible ?
You could order by genre, last added, etc - then have your skin display 5 or 10 at a time.

However, I don't know why "the choice is difficult".  If you don't want to choose, have the randomiser pick one out. Alternatively, order it by first viewed date then work your way sequentially through each one.

If you can't pick one out of 100... what makes you think you can pick one out of a random list of 10?
There is already a random widget in Estuary. Does one not work for you? If not create a smart playlist.
(2020-12-19, 14:54)Preacher Wrote: You could order by genre, last added, etc - then have your skin display 5 or 10 at a time.

Good idea, but then the list is not random.

(2020-12-19, 14:54)Preacher Wrote: However, I don't know why "the choice is difficult".  If you don't want to choose, have the randomiser pick one out.

But the randomiser just play one movie. It doesn't let me choice in a random short list of movie.

(2020-12-19, 14:54)Preacher Wrote: If you can't pick one out of 100... what makes you think you can pick one out of a random list of 10?

Just me. It's my experience. It's easier for me to choose in a 10 movies list than in a 100 movies list.

(2020-12-19, 18:06)LongMan Wrote: There is already a random widget in Estuary. Does one not work for you? If not create a smart playlist.
Nice !!!
That's what I needed !!
But is there a way to have only 10 movies in the list ? The random widget is set to 30 movies.
(2020-12-21, 14:40)Groooompf Wrote: But is there a way to have only 10 movies in the list ? The random widget is set to 30 movies.

Widgets have default numbers in their listings. Some can be altered via the advancedsettings.xml, but probably not all of them. One other option is to hack your own Estuary skin.
(2020-12-21, 14:40)Groooompf Wrote: But is there a way to have only 10 movies in the list ? The random widget is set to 30 movies.
I've not tested it, but something like this should do it. But if you're using Estuary there is no way to use anything other than the default widgets. You could still view the playlist though, just not as a widget. Most other skins give you the option to use custom widgets.

(2020-12-21, 16:09)Klojum Wrote:

Widgets have default numbers in their listings. Some can be altered via the advancedsettings.xml, but probably not all of them. One other option is to hack your own Estuary skin.
I use Aeon MQ8.
With the widget, I can limit the number of movies, BUT it's only for the movies that appears on the main menu. When I want more details for each of these movies (synopsis), it brings me on a shelf in which are the 30 random movies. That on this shelf that I want only 10 movies.
(2020-12-21, 16:37)FXB78 Wrote:
I've not tested it, but something like this should do it. But if you're using Estuary there is no way to use anything other than the default widgets. You could still view the playlist though, just not as a widget. Most other skins give you the option to use custom widgets.

I use Aeon MQ8.
Yes, that's nice for the smart playlist, it works perfectly well (but I don't understand why we have the choice between 10, 25, 50... but we cannot put other number...)
You could find the .xsp file in Kodi\userdata\playlists\video & change the limit to whatever you want, by editing this tag:  <limit>10</limit>. That would probably work but again, I've never tried it.
(2020-12-21, 18:38)FXB78 Wrote: You could find the .xsp file in Kodi\userdata\playlists\video & change the limit to whatever you want, by editing this tag:  <limit>10</limit>. That would probably work but again, I've never tried it.

Perfect !! That's a good solution !!!
Thank you !!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Limited list of random movies0