"Resume from" combined with "Play from here"
If you've started a "play from here" list, and something happens (power goes out, network drops, whatever) and your currently playing file stops, you can't resume where you were and still continue your "from here" playlist...... or can you and I'm entirely blind??
(2020-12-21, 21:15)luxton Wrote: or can you and I'm entirely blind??

Nope. Kodi does not track every second while playing a video. The only time that resume points or watched statuses are actually stored is when a video is fully stopped. So in case of a power out (unless you have a UPS of some sorts), no data is gonna be written anyway. Writing data to the video datababase during a power outage will likely corrupt your database.

Besides... How often day/week/year are you having a power outage?
(2020-12-21, 21:22)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-12-21, 21:15)luxton Wrote: or can you and I'm entirely blind??

Nope. Kodi does not track every second while playing a video. The only time that resume points or watched statuses are actually stored is when a video is fully stopped. So in case of a power out (unless you have a UPS of some sorts), no data is gonna be written anyway. Writing data to the video datababase during a power outage will likely corrupt your database.

Besides... How often day/week/year are you having a power outage?
The power dropping was only an example.  If you stop the video yourself and go back to it, you can't resume the current video AND have it continue playing through the rest of the files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Resume from" combined with "Play from here"0