Cleaning up filesystem
Hi -
I've been running Kodi for a while, at least since it used to be called XBMC.  Really enjoy it.
My media files are saved on a nas device, and shared to my Kodi box (small Linux appliance) - things work fine.

One thing I've noticed: a certain amount of filesystem detritus if you will.  Wallpaper jpgs, back grounds, nfo files etc.I suspect these are remnants from old plugins I might have used.  I honestly, don't recall.

Do I need any of them?  Could I simply crawl the file system and get rid of all the crap, excluding the actual MKV, MP4 or whatever the media file is?  As it stands now, I'm just running stock Kodi - with whatever media scraper comes with it.  I suppose this is considered library management - how do folks handle this stuff?

Thanks
I wait for a new major release then I export my library to NFO files, uninstall my existing Kodi and Kodi data folder (wiki) and start fresh

v19 is not too far away if you can hold out.

Backup (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-22, 05:33)Karellen Wrote: I wait for a new major release then I export my library to NFO files, uninstall my existing Kodi and Kodi data folder (wiki) and start fresh

v19 is not too far away if you can hold out.

Backup (wiki)

Yeah - I just bought TinyMediaManager.  It seems to do the heavy lifting for me.  The well formed .nfo files seem to be vital. 

When you say you export your library to NFO files - is that something you do with a library manager program? Or something Kodi does natively?

Thank you.
(2020-12-22, 05:55)Durrock Wrote: is that something you do with a library manager program? Or something Kodi does natively?
Something Kodi does natively... Import-export library (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-22, 06:29)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 05:55)Durrock Wrote: is that something you do with a library manager program? Or something Kodi does natively?
Something Kodi does natively... Import-export library (wiki)
Perfect - thank you so much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cleaning up filesystem0