ASUS Eee Box with Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics as a XBMC hardware platform?
... yeah. That's what I thought. Wrong place to ask, but out of frustration: Is there really no way of using Linux GPU drivers when XBMC is running on TOP of Linux??
Ok, I have to ask as I'm considering an EEE Box for my xbmc machine.
I don't play on playing any HD h264, 480p DVD rips to H264 at most.

But I do want to be able to playback MPEG2 HDTV from a MythTV box.
I've read that the EEE Box can, but often struggles, with 720p H264, but has anyone tried it with OTA MPEG2 720p or 1080i playback?
I would suggest staying tuned. GPU acceleration on NVIDIA hardware is being worked on and moving along VERY well - look for threads referencing VDPAU. I can tell you that on my system with that branch compiled my CPU usage plummeted from say 60-70% down to 10% or so. If you can combine a low end CPU with a decent NVIDIA video card you may be able to pull this off now or at least sometime soon. I've got it working on my box and would test my dual core Celeron if I hadn't already put it to use elsewhere - from what I have seen it would have worked GREAT. MPEG is being accelerated too it seems as is H.264, VC-1 is only working on select hardware - a hardware limitation.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
The new EEE Box B208 would be the perfect XBMC machine.

Atom330 + ATI Radeon HD 4350 series with 256 MB DDR2 memory

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelm...&l3=0&l4=0

And it comes with a nice remote
nukhem Wrote:The new EEE Box B208 would be the perfect XBMC machine.

Atom330 + ATI Radeon HD 4350 series with 256 MB DDR2 memory

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelm...&l3=0&l4=0

And it comes with a nice remote

ATI chipset = no GPU-offload No
yeah, that sucks. But we could use the new external player feature for mkv's
nukhem Wrote:yeah, that sucks. But we could use the new external player feature for mkv's

Huh, how does that help? There's no GPU offloading for ATI on Linux at all! This isn't an XBMC failing it's an ATI failing.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:Huh, how does that help? There's no GPU offloading for ATI on Linux at all! This isn't an XBMC failing it's an ATI failing.

I'm guessing he is assuming using Windows.

xnappo
so assuming all things now, eeebox with atom 270 and intel 945 can only be a replacement for an xbox...
i don't need/care about 1080p nor 720p but x264 coded for xbox looks also great... i need one for some testing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASUS Eee Box with Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics as a XBMC hardware platform?0