1080p - What is your favorite skin for this resolution?
AEON is by far one of the best and most innovative skins that I have used. The "Wall" view is truly impressive, but i need to tweak is so that there are only 3 rows instead of 4 so that there is no vertical panning. I have not tried Focus or Vi2ion yet, so my choice is not ultimate yet.

There are a couple of these that are 720p only. How difficult is it to make these skins use the full abilities of a 1080p monitor/tv? I really enjoy the xTV skin, but get this "Wii" feel from the resolution. Coverflow movie selection is top notch though Smile.

A side question - has anyone implemented a stable home automation solution for XBMC? If so, is it skin specific?

Thank you everyone for your contributions to the community, this application is the best available for HTPC's, and is community driven.

Thanks,

Rock
I'm switching between xTV and AEON.
Thanks for you input woodstock, I am the same. I suppose i put this in the wrong forum? 330 views an 1 reply Big Grin
maybe not that many people use 1080p Smile most are probably stuck or around 720p (like me) and I use whatever skin I am making at the time
mediastream and AEON both rock!

But every now and then I switch back to the old trusted PMIII..still going strong!
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
I'm using mediastream ATM at 1080p and think it works well on 52".
I try not to change to much as the missus gets annoyed Smile
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
I am switching between PMIII and AEON, PMIII for usability and easy of scanning movies etc, AEON for it's showcase view with fanart.
aeon just blows my mind. I just used it on a 46inch 1080p lcd.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
I would say Media Stream and Aeon.

But...........With Xtv having so many themes and such a sleek glass look?If Xtv had better media views,it would be my default,without contest.But I will patiently wait for the new Xtv skin release CHI3F has us exited about.

Also I think when Ellipsis/EX.....As long as it runs smooth on Xbox,I believe it would be my number one without any debate.I believe EX is way ahead of it's time,even if it has been pushed ahead a few times.As long as it keeps with with the updated media options newer skins have,it will not have any close contenders.(My opinion)
Rookie Wrote:I would say Media Stream and Aeon.

But...........With Xtv having so many themes and such a sleek glass look?If Xtv had better media views,it would be my default,without contest.But I will patiently wait for the new Xtv skin release CHI3F has us exited about.

Also I think when Ellipsis/EX.....As long as it runs smooth on Xbox,I believe it would be my number one without any debate.I believe EX is way ahead of it's time,even if it has been pushed ahead a few times.As long as it keeps with with the updated media options newer skins have,it will not have any close contenders.(My opinion)

Does xTV support 1080p now? i thought the graphics were 720p based, just stretched.

Thank you everyone for your responses, I have since settled on Mediastream Smile It freakin rocks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p - What is your favorite skin for this resolution?0