Confused with Images
I'm make good, I think, headway with my "home videos" project in the "TV Shows" category.  Adding files/videos seem to be going the way I want.  However, the associated images seem to be another story .  At this point, the poster and fanart images for the "SKI" category are working, but all other images for the main category and all episodes are not showing. 

So, what am I missing?  Are there special image sizes or resolutions restrictions which I'm not satisfying?  At this link I posted a sample of my "SKI" "TV Show" file structure, the "SKI"  NFO file and an .NFO file  for one episode.  hastebin

Can anyone identify what I'm doing incorrectly? 

Thanks...RDK
(2020-12-30, 20:02)rdk45 Wrote: but all other images for the main category and all episodes are not showing. 
In your link I don't see any episode artwork mentioned.

See... https://kodi.wiki/view/TV-Show_artwork

xml:
Z:\MEDIALIB\VIDEO\SKI
| banner.jpg
| fanart.jpg
| poster.jpg
| Season2007-banner.jpg
| Season2007-fanart.jpg
| Season2007-poster.jpg
| Season2007-thumb.jpg
| thumb.jpg
| tvshow.nfo
|
+---Season2007
| S2007e01 - Alpes_D_Huez-2007.m4v
| S2007e01 - Alpes_D_Huez-2007.nfo
| S2007e02 - SarreneRun - 2007.m4v
| S2007e02 - SarreneRun - 2007.nfo
|
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen....Oops, my communication error.  I meant to say "Season" artwork and not "Episode" artwork.  As there is only one episode, i did not add the artwork links for it.  I do have "Season" artwork in the main "SKI" folder which don't seem to be showing.

However, when I find out why there is on Season artwork, I will also update to have Episode artwork. I assume the Episode links go in Season folder?

Thanks for the prompt reply ....RDK
@Karellen....OK, I'll put on my reading glasses, again.  Thanks again for the prompt reply.

Once I get the SKI category to work I have 4 others waiting to be updated and then loaded into KODI. Adding movies is going nicely.....RDK
@rdk45

With the season artwork, I think the problem is that you capitalised the first letter. Change Season2007-banner.jpg to season2007-banner.jpg
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen....OK, thanks I'll give that a try.  I also just noticed that the actor artwork is not working.  I wonder if it could also be capitalization related.  In general should all references be in lower case?....RDK
@Karellen.....Actor jpg's a re in the .actor folder in the "SKI" folder....RDK

ps....I see the "EDIT" link but when I click on it it does not seem to do anything?  ....
(2020-12-31, 08:43)rdk45 Wrote: re in the .actor folder
.actors But the actors names are capitalized- John_Smith.jpg

(2020-12-31, 08:43)rdk45 Wrote: .I see the "EDIT" link but when I click on it it does not seem to do anything?  ....
My Signature
Well, I seem to be making good progress getting my home movies into KODI as a TV SHOW series.  I'm still having issues with images.  Questions:
  1. Is there a one-to-one relationship between the name shown in the <name> element and the image name in  the <thumb> element.  That is can I have "Me" with "Me_Ski.jpg" or must it be "Me.jpg"?
  2. I have several TV SHOW series now: SKI, VACATION, MISC, ... and many have the same folks in the actor list but with different associated images.  I seem to be observing that "Anne", which has different jpg's in each series, always gets the same image in the "INFO" display regardless of the series.  Must I name the actors uniquely different for each series?
In the VACATION series I  have 11 Seasons in the data file, but it does not seem to be adding the 11-th.  Is there some limit on the number of  Seasons?  The code for each of the seasons seem to be following the same coding/naming pattern.  Or is there an issue if I'm using the same Season content in two different series? That is, SKI Season 2019 content is also included in VACATIONS Season 2019.

Finally, I'm still not seeing that the episode images are being loaded/recognized.  My file structure and NFO files are detailed here 
(2021-01-02, 11:24)rdk45 Wrote: Is there a one-to-one relationship between the name shown in the <name> element and the image name in  the <thumb> element.  That is can I have "Me" with "Me_Ski.jpg" or must it be "Me.jpg"?
For Actors? Only one image. Naming of thumb and name must match.

(2021-01-02, 11:24)rdk45 Wrote: Must I name the actors uniquely different for each series?
Yes. An actor can have only one image. If you want different images, then they need different names. Anne-2014, Anne-21yo, Anne-Spain as a few examples.

(2021-01-02, 11:24)rdk45 Wrote: Is there some limit on the number of  Seasons?
No

(2021-01-02, 11:24)rdk45 Wrote: Or is there an issue if I'm using the same Season content in two different series? That is, SKI Season 2019 content is also included in VACATIONS Season 2019.
I am not sure what you are doing here. How are you sharing the same season between two TV shows?

(2021-01-02, 11:24)rdk45 Wrote: Finally, I'm still not seeing that the episode images are being loaded/recognized.
Because they are named wrong (again)

You have...
xml:

| S2007e01- Alpes_D_Heuz-2007.m4v
| S2007e01- Alpes_D_Heuz-2007.nfo
| S2007e01-banner.jpg
| S2007e01-fanart.jpg
| S2007e01-poster.jpg
| S2007e01-thumb.jpg

It should be...
xml:

| S2007e01- Alpes_D_Heuz-2007.m4v
| S2007e01- Alpes_D_Heuz-2007.nfo
| S2007e01- Alpes_D_Heuz-2007-banner.jpg
| S2007e01- Alpes_D_Heuz-2007-fanart.jpg
| S2007e01- Alpes_D_Heuz-2007-poster.jpg
| S2007e01- Alpes_D_Heuz-2007-thumb.jpg

Also this is wrong... season2009-thumb.jpg
It should be... season2009-landscape.jpg

xml:
<actor>
<name>Anne</name>
<role></role>
<order></order>
<thumb>Anne.jpg</thumb>
</actor>
Leave the <thumb> blank. What you have added won't work, and you don't need it.
My Signature
@Karellen....OK, but I have been reading the WiKi, but did not notice the need for the Season name in the string specifying the episode image links. I'm learning!!!  I've noticed that the number of spaces before and after the "-" in a SEASON or EPISODE (S2011e01) string varies, is it free format or ??.

Thanks for the clarification regarding actor names across TV SHOW series.  I'll rename to make them series specific.

Regarding my question about the 11-th episode, for 2019 I would like to have the same season and episode content/references for two series (VACATIONS and MISC).  Right now it shows/loads in VACATIONS but not MISC.  I've looked at the code and don't see an obvious coding error.

Thanks again for your patience...RDK

ps....Loading MOVIES and TV SHOWS using the the Movie Database is REALLY simple and much easier, unfortunately that database does not contain my home movies. :-) ....
(2021-01-02, 14:48)rdk45 Wrote: Regarding my question about the 11-th episode, for 2019 I would like to have the same season and episode content/references for two series (VACATIONS and MISC).  Right now it shows/loads in VACATIONS but not MISC.  I've looked at the code and don't see an obvious coding error.
I am still not clear how you are doing this. Do you have two copies of the season and episodes and you have placed a copy in both those two tv shows? If this is what you have done, there is no reason for this not to work. But if you have added it to Vacations only and somehow want it to magically appear in Misc also, then nothing can do that for you.

(2021-01-02, 14:48)rdk45 Wrote: but did not notice the need for the Season name in the string specifying the episode image links
From the wiki
xml:
The general rules for Episode artwork file names are
Single file episodes (eg .mkv) <episode filename>-<arttype>.<ext>

(2021-01-02, 14:48)rdk45 Wrote: I've noticed that the number of spaces before and after the "-" in a SEASON or EPISODE (S2011e01) string varies, is it free format or ??.
Give me an example.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confused with Images0