Background Images are all Full Screen - Is there a way to keep original aspect?
Greetings!

I have been banging my head for a couple of days now. Googled and searched these forums and this thread. The closest I can come to any help was in this thread which was from 7 years ago and turns out the file referenced no longer contains this setting. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1321872

I have traversed quite a few other .xml files within Kodi and Aeon NOX 5 and while I have found several that look like they may be able to be tweeked to meet my needs, I have been unsuccessful.

Goal - Have the background images I have sourced to a local SMB share display in their original format when cycled through as a multiimage background. I do not care about black bars, just that the image is centered and not displayed as full screen as they are now.

What file(s) must I modify to achieve my goal. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Kodi Version - Leia 18.9.0 Git:20201023-0655c2c718
Aeon NOX version - 7.0.9 
nVidia Shield 2017 - Android TV SW Version 8.2.1; Kernel Version 4.9.1.40-tegra-g0d6c6ecc28f4

Thanks!
Quote:Goal - Have the background images I have sourced to a local SMB share display in their original format when cycled through as a multiimage background. I do not care about black bars, just that the image is centered and not displayed as full screen as they are now.
I should make mention that this setting is from the Skin Settings > General > Set default background setting. It is not for a background for each Main Menu Item.
Did you ever figure this out?  It crops my photos (I think it matters whether they were landscape or portrait originally) when I tell the program to set them as background images.
(2021-12-03, 22:42)mhodgson6 Wrote: It crops my photos (I think it matters whether they were landscape or portrait originally) when I tell the program to set them as background images.
I can only get you part way there. I don't know which lines of code you need to change,, but when you find it, it will be something like <aspectratio align="center">scale</aspectratio>
You need to change it to <aspectratio align="center">keep</aspectratio>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background Images are all Full Screen - Is there a way to keep original aspect?0